We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canifor Hotel

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Canifor Hotel

RE the Canifor hotel is it a good hotel? Recomended?

Barry

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canifor Hotel

I stayed there for a Christmas break.

Room was nice, reasonably sized and most importantly clean. I haven't noticed any things that whoudl have given any concerned.

The maid came in every mroning with clean supply of towels.

The restaurant is of a descent size, and there always tables available consideriung the numbers of the guests during that time. Food was buffet style and plentiful.

The main clientele is mainy of middle aged group, and that reflected on the night time entertainemnt where music and dance was very much to the tune of that age group.

There are two bars, games room, one large outdoor swimming pool, one small heated indoor swimming pool, an isolated small smoking room with with a TV.

Next door is an Englsih Pub called "The Tourist" run by a lovely English lady called Jools.

Canifor is located off Toursit Street where you will find many more english pubs and restaurants.

I hope this of some help. Otherwise there are quite few other review of this hotel from other guest. Just Goole it.

Cheers

Cas

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canifor Hotel

Thanks Cas thats really helpful.

Bas

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canifor Hotel

Hi Barry R,

The Canifor Hotel is a good choice, never heard a bad word said about it. It is nicely situated just off of Tourist Street, where you will find a large selection of bars and restuarants with pleny of good food and entertainment. But you need look no further than The Tourist Bar which is next door to The Canifor. There is a really good singer/guitarist named Tommy Strings who appears there on Wednesdays and Fridays, he sings songs from the sixties, seventies and eighties (rock 'n' roll, ballads and country) he also plays some brilliant guitar solo's, make sure you ask him to play 'Albatros'. There are also plenty of bars and resturants in Bugibba, a ten minute or so walk from the Canifor. Enjoy.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,743 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canifor Hotel

Many of my friends stay at the Canifor Hotel for long stays over winter. Some for up to twelve or more weeks.

As previously stated the hotel is well situated for most ameneties. The bus station is only a minute or so stroll away making getting about very easy.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canifor Hotel

My mistake, Tommy Strings appears on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canifor Hotel

Hi Barry

if your looking for value for money you will not be disappointed at Canifor, Some book the cheapest hotel but after they still expects a 5 star service .

I spend a two night at xmas at Canifor hotel and i was realy satified. I have booked this hotel as i got a great bargain rate by Travel Republic,but i can say i was'nt sorry at all that i spend xmas at this hotel.

Born complainers,complains even on a great 5 stars Hotels. So one must take an average on the hotels reviews one find here in tripadvisor. Wish you a nice holiday on this nice island .... Anthony Malta

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canifor Hotel

Thanks for your advice on the Canifor. I think we'll give it a go.

Barry R

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canifor Hotel

hi barry `you get what you pay for, i stay in the canifor 3/4 a year and it does me, you will hear people moaning about the food/drink/sheets/pool/waiters but take no notice chill out and enjoy your stay.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canifor Hotel

I.ve just ruled that one out sounds awful. 13 out of 17 dont do it!

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Canifor Hotel

Hi Barry R,

You won't go far wrong at the Canifor which has always had a good reputation. Heard a rumour last week that they are offering newly arriving guests, as an option, an upgrade to all inclusive for a very reasonable price.

Find time to pop into the Tourist Bar next door on a Wednesday or Saturday to hear an entertainer named Tommy Strings, a very good singer guitarist. Have a good holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations