We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price qawra to paceville

wordsley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Taxi price qawra to paceville

Hi im just woundering how much a taxi from qawra to paceville would be ruffly? me and my friend have found a cheap deal to stay at qawra and its kinda hard to say no to it. but iv read paceville is a good party town so i would love to go and check it out for a couple off night. but i dont want to be ripped off with taxi fairs... and also is qawra a nice place to visit??

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

There are plenty of bars in Qawra. You will find plenty of entertainment in the Qawra / Bugibba area.

The main square in Bugibba is surrounded by bars and cafes.

Paceville is the clubbing / disco part of Malta.

There are buses that go from the bus station and late buses back.

A taxi will proberbly cost you 15 to 20 euros but ALWAYS agree a price before getting in the cab ---- to save yourself a nasty shock.

Have a good stay

Graham.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

You can get a night bus back to Qawra and it is cheaper than a taxi . Graham is right about the 15 Euro price , but expect to be asked 20 or 25 .

wordsley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

what time does the bus stop running then?? and is it a safe place to be walking around when your drunk.. i no you have to have your witts about you everywhere you go but i dont no much about malta at the min..

Sussex
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

I think the last bus from Paceville to Qawra leaves at 03:00, the N11

http://www.arriva.com.mt/night-buses?l=1

Although I've never used the service myself, far too old to be out at that time of night!

Malta is fairly safe compared to many other holiday destinations so there is less likelyhood of trouble. As you rightly pointed out, best to keep your wits about you to avoid making yourself a potential target.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

Malta is one of the safest places to go .

But that doesn`t mean you should not be carefull . Wandering about in an inebriated state is putting youself in some danger.

Enjoy yourself and keep safe.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

If you intend to be stoned drunk , plan your return beforehand and get a taxi number to phone and get him to meet you near the Intercontinental hotel or get a taxi from the stand right there . There is also a car hire garage that is popular on the other side of Paceville , the Wembley garage which is near the Hilton Portomaso . You cannot miss them as there will be queues for a taxi at that time of night o a saturday evenig especially .

Happy pub crawling !

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

The advantages of not getting drunk will be seen the following morning , if you are still alive , as your friends will not be laughing their heads off at your pictures half naked and stretched out on the pavement in your own excrement !!!!

Bean der Dun it !!!!

Enjoy yourself and stay safe

I am called Blunt !

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

James?

Taxi prices in Malta are well over priced. put it in to prospective, you can hire a car for a day for 8 euros off peak. I know that's no consolation if you want a drink, but it gives you an idea how over priced a short taxi ride is.

9. Re: Taxi price qawra to paceville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations