We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcicle

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Topic
Motorcicle

Can you rent a motorbike in malta

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcicle

I'm sure I've seen them for hire at a company on the prom in Bugibba which I seem to think is swifts car hire - I could be dreaming! Try a search for them. Given some of the roads on the island, although they have improved greatly over last few years, not sure I would wish to be on two wheels. But then again some of South Yorkshire roads, especially in Sheffield, are not fantastic and I've always stuck to four wheels.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorcicle

I would not rent a motorbike in Malta if i was you. You are asking for trouble in my opinion.

The Maltese driving has improved over the years but they are still crazy and with that and you not knowing the roads and all the side streets, poor roads etc, its a recipe for disaster.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorcicle

I seem to remember on some nights, there is always a huge crowd with bikers with their bikes gathered at the Fat Harry pub in Bugibba Square. Not sure if these are regular gathering sare one offs. I am sure the one of pub staff would answer. In any case if you happen to be there you will may get the right info.

Good luck

Cas

Sussex
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorcicle

I have seen scooter hire but not motorcycle hire, then again I have not really been looking. The drivers are not quite as bad as many think but you do need to stay alert - however, the road surfaces for the most part are poor. Due to the heat, many have a shiny surface and therefore not much grip, a situation not preferred by motorcyclists! Some roads are good and others bad and many quickly change between the two. As a motorcyclist I would not consider riding in Malta, certainly not on anything with any power.

Swifty

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorcicle

Thanks every one

6. Re: Motorcicle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations