We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please - Qawra Palace or Seashells? AI or BB?

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help please - Qawra Palace or Seashells? AI or BB?

Hi

We have decided to go away for a cheap getaway in October half term - 2 adults and 1 child. We would generally go for places more like Mellieha in the summer months but think it will be too quiet at this time of year so feel Qawra is the best option.

We've narrowed it down to Qawra Palace and Seashells but would be grateful for opinion of anyone who has stayed at either of these places before we go. Also what are the inland rooms like at Seashells ?

We had pretty much decided on AI (as my husband likes a drink or two) but reading this forum it seems that beers etc are much cheaper in Malta than say Spain? Again would be grateful for a steer.

Is Qawra flat and would it be Ok to go running along the promenade - looking for say 3-4 mile route?

Phew - sorry for the long post!!

Jo

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please - Qawra Palace or Seashells? AI or BB?

The seafront promenade is very flat and suitable for a run.

I don`t think All Inclusive is worth the extra money over and above half board .

With half board you get a good breakfast and evening meal. With AI you get a lunch that you proberbly won`t want . After all it means coming back to the hotel at lunchtime when you may want to be out and about.

Drinks are cheap ( starting at 1.00 to 1.50 euros a pint in lots of bars and cafes.) and unless you are a huge drinker it wont be price effective.

As for choice of hotel I must say I have never stopped at the Seashells but I have stayed at the Qawra Palace and found it good value for money , clean and offered food that I found good .

Of course there will always be people who disagree.

Sure you will enjoy Malta.

Graham

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please - Qawra Palace or Seashells? AI or BB?

I agree with Graham's comments eg

Qawra prom is block paved and flat - seen many people running along here at all times of day- and you will be able to run for a few miles .

In Malta I cannot see why people would choose all inclusive as there are so many restaurants, cafes, bars to choose from which would suit all budgets and preferences. Also to get full advantage of all inclusive you are stuck with coming back to the hotel which, to me, would ruin exploring the sights of Malta. As an alternative to al or bb why not go for half board?

I differ with Graham on hotels as I have never stayed at QP but as a timeshare owner have stayed at Seashells many times. The rooms at the front have the lovely seaview but also have the road noise and noise from the bars opposite. The inland rooms overlook private property which are two floors high on the road immediately behind Seashells and three floors high on properties which back onto them. Obviously depending on which floor you are allocated a room will depend whether you can see over these properties. Beyond the properties can be seen a couple of restaurants, hotels, apartments, etc. If you are lucky you might just be able to get a glance of the sea between buildings in the distance. Road and bar noise is minimal. In October you should get a choice of two places to eat breakfast and evening meal. Both are buffet style. Always found my room to be clean with good daily maid service, towels changed daily, bedding changed mid-week, staff helpful.

I have friends who have stayed at QP and enjoyed their stay. If you look at TA reviews of both hotels there are good and bad so just take the middle road. Feel sure you'll be fine no matter which hotel you eventually choose.

Enjoy your holiday and Malta.

3. Re: Help please - Qawra Palace or Seashells? AI or BB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations