We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

Me and my partner, both in our mid 20's are looking at staying in Malta late August.

We have been looking at places to stay and we've had really good deals on Qawra Palace and Seashells Resort at Suncrest.

The only problem is... We can't decide which one suits us better.

We are going to be going all inclusive so food and drinks have got to be good standards. We're not really interested in the hotel entertainment so this isn't an important factor as we will probably spend our evenings going out and about.

Access to bus stops is a must as we want to explore the island.

We would be greatful of any advice/feedback given as its turning out to be a tough choice!!

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
The Qawra Palace
The Qawra Palace
47 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

These two hotels are side by side on Qawra front .

There is a bus stop right outside and the local bus station is only about 7 or 8 minutes walk from the Qawra Palace and 20 seconds more for the Suncrest.

There`s proberbly not much to chose between the two . I have stayed at the Qawra Palace several times for up to 4 months over Xmas and always enjoyed it.

The food was to my taste and I never had a problem. There is a very good coffee shop at the front of the hotel which is very popular with the locals.

I must say I have never stayed at the Suncrest so can`t comment on the food.

May I be permitted to say one thing ?

You say you intend to be out nearly every night. The area has lots and lots of decent bars where drinks are extremely cheap ---- pint of beer from one euro.

If you insist on going All Inclusive all you will get is a lunch that you proberbly won`t really want after a big breakfast --- especially in the searing heat of August. It wii mean coming back to the hotel from a day out to eat an unwanted meal.

Unless you are a huge drinker and stay at the hotel all day, the money it will cost over and above Half Board won`t be worth it.

Go out and about and try some of the friendly cheap local bars and cafes and pick up a snack for lunch

Sorry !! Just my personal opinion.

I am sure you will have a great stay in lovely Malta.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
The Qawra Palace
The Qawra Palace
47 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Malta
Malta
Europe
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

Agree with Graham and AI is really only worth it if you intend to drink a lot at the hotel, and to be there pretty much all of the time.

I find half board better as a couple of drinks/wine with the meal are reasonable in such Malta hotels.

If you like to try lots of different restaurants B&B works well, but half board deals tend to be very good (the upgrade for our upcoming trip is about £11 per person per night which is good value for a 3 or 4 course buffet meal each night).

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

I stayed in both hotels always on half board .... Think Suncrest just slightly better. But both good and in good central erea.For those using public transport not a problem ... From Airport bus will stop you right infront of both hotels

cambridge
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

Stayed at Suncrest last month and found it very good. We only booked bb but upgrated to all inclusive the food was good with a lot of choice. Staff were brilliant and very helpful and cleanliness was good. Hall ways to rooms etc. could do with a revamp but you dont live in those. Pool area very good and sunbeds comfortable. If you need any more info contact me.

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

Thank you for all of your reviews! They are very helpful

6. Re: Qawra Palace OR Seashells resort at Suncrest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations