We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

bournemouth
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

AVOID this company along Buggiba Seafront selling day cruises to Blue Lagoon and Gozo. For 20 euros they state you stay in the Blue Lagoon for 1.5 hrs and then take the boat to Gozo for an additional 3 hrs. What you actually get is a 30 min stop at a random beach ( so they boat man can sell hotdogs, drinks etc ) then get dropped off at the Blue Lagoon for 45 mins with a time to get to the boat to Gozo. You get to the boat on time only to see it in the distance sailing away! You have no option but to stay at the Blue Lagoon. They again give you a time to leave the Blue Lagoon, and you MUST be there 10 mins before or they simply sail away without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

Sorry to hear of your tale of the missed boat to Gozo and what would have been a much shorter stay at the Blue Lagoon than that you were expecting - however, with regard to the homeward journey I have no qualms about the boat leaving at the allotted time, why inconvenience those that can get there on time.

I have never used this Company - have any other regular posters? and if so, what was your experience?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

Shembo - if you read the original post it suggests that the boat left early.

P-t-B

Qawra, Malta
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

i have sailed on the mermail many times and understand that they have changed their programme this year to include gozo.The new brochure clearly states that if you pick the gozo option that you stay in the blue lagoon for one hour not one and a half-This is the only boat to dock in santa maria for an aditional 20 minutes berfore reaching the blue lagoon for an hour-always people should be on any berfore sailing time just all other transport i.e.planes and trains.I am sure that if you had spoken to the captain,crew or booking agent your problems would have been resolved.Ive always found the captain and crew to be helpfull.

malta europe
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

This as just been brought to my ATT,FIRSTLY we do not advertise that we stay 1.5hrs in blue lagoon on gozo tour u have to be back on board by the time of the captain 10 mins before as crew need to count passengers ,lift gang way and anchor .To continue to gozo harbour i had 16 passengers that day in question for gozo tour all 14 passengers where on board at each mooring point ,This complaint you have put was not reported to the captain crew or agent you booked your tour with.so out of total 27 passengers all accounted for nobody was left any where ,what ever transportation you travel on you have to abide by there rules no public transport will wait for you,This is the 1st complaint ive recieved MERMAID as been runners up and winners for malta tourisum ,if you felt that strongly i would have been happy to get to the bottom of your complaint .Regards debbie mermaid cruises.

Malta
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

I have used the mermaid on countless occasions and will continue to do so, after many years of holidaying in Malta , this year we have moved permanently, yet we still go on this fantastic trip. I feel so strongly about how good your day would be I always tell people who visit Malta that if you only do 1 thing during your stay in Malta , make sure it's the mermaid, I doubt very much you will ever have a better value for money day out anywhere , ever.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

Hi Phil,

Re: your post nr 2 - I refer to the homeward journey, it was the Gozo leg that is stated as leaving early old boy.

malta europe
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

if it left early then all 16 passengers would have been left there the boat is conected to the time table of mini bus tour mermaid moored at her usual time 1800 hrs

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

Mermaid, the poster states that the Gozo leg of the cruise left early from Comino - not the return from Comino. Perhaps I am completely missing the point - not unknown.

9. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 01:05
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buggiba - Mermaid Cruises

MermaidMaltaEurope.

As a newcomer to Trip Advisor perhaps you have not realised that this is an open FORUM ( a place of discussion ) that is available for anyone to put forward their point of view.

Making rude comments is unacceptable.

Graham

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations