We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

conifer hotel qawra

uk england
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
conifer hotel qawra

this hotel says 4star can someone tell me that it like good and bad pionts

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: conifer hotel qawra

Presume you've read TA reviews on this hotel? tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g608947-d2881…

Remember star ratings are not the same the world over.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 10:50
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,357 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: conifer hotel qawra

Best study the reviews carefully as ratings often relate to QUANTITY of facilities rather than QUALITY and there are certainly some weak 4 star hotels on the island.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,352 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: conifer hotel qawra

The Canifor hotel ( Canifor not Conifer) is very popular and gets booked up quickly.

Over winter they have lots of long stay customers some staying 3 or 4 months who return each year.

As with all hotels there are some who like it and some who don`t. While I was riding on a bus earlier this year I heard a man say he had booked in but left the next day because he thought it awfull ,He booked into a different hotel that he loved. That same day a lady told me she had left her hotel to change to get back into the Canifor because she liked it so much. The hotel she walked out of was the same one that the previous man had moved to.

This story just goes to show how different peoples opinions vary.

In my , and many other peoples opinions , the star ratings of hotels in Malta are lower than in other countries.

However the price at the canifor is good and you will get good value for money.

A friend of mine stays there every year from December to end of April so it can`t be bad.

The only criticism I regularly hear is that the restaurant is a bit canteenish , although the food is OK.

The hotel is well located near to shops, bars ,restaurants and only a minute os so from the bus station.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Canifor Hotel
Canifor Hotel
1,922 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
878 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: conifer hotel qawra

Styaed myself a while ago all inclusive.....food was rank...service wasn't great...room ok and location excellent...round the pool hotter than the surface of the sun (maybe) but way too small...

Probably my least fave hotel have stayed in..

1st Soreda (faultless basically)

2nd Bella Vista (nice..but too far out)

3rd Euroclub (what more d'yeh want for 2 ton 2 weeks B & B)

4th Canifor

Says it all really.....stay,but go B & B!

Edited: 15 April 2014, 11:53
Mentioned in this post
Soreda Hotel
Soreda Hotel
2,155 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Bella Vista Hotel
Bella Vista Hotel
1,921 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Euroclub Hotel
Euroclub Hotel
580 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,352 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: conifer hotel qawra

Exactly what I was saying.

I have been told how good the food is at the Canifor by people staying there.

Every hotel will have people with different opinions.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Canifor Hotel
Canifor Hotel
1,922 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: conifer hotel qawra

Normdaddy. Our friends stayed there last year while we stayed round the corner in the San Antonio. As others have said it is in a good location amongst all the bars and restaurants. Our friends done all inclusive as it was not much more than b and b. Our friends said it was good for the money they paid. I would say the standard of rooms are better than a lot of those in goa and the area is busier than Candolim but not as busy/lively as bags/calangute. We do both goa and Malta every year and always do b and b as we love going to different restaurants and bars every night.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: conifer hotel qawra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations