We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

hi coming in October and wondered if anyone could advise me on transfers, has anyone used Travel republic as they seem to be a good price, we don't mind using a shuttle bus.

thanks for any help..

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

If you type Travel Republic into the forum search box you will get lots of recent posts on this subject. Most people appear to be happy with this very reasonably priced service.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

Travel republic,use resort hoppa,in Malta,there ok,some of the transport a bit ramshakle looking but are perfectly safe we've used them a few times,

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

thanks for your replies, think I will give travel republic a try, there prices are good and we don't mind rickety buses lol.

thanks again

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

You may be lucky and get one of there coaches,it depends how many going to the hotels in the area your hotel is,at the time,last time we used them we got picked up by a ramshakle on arrival only us and 2 other couples,but on way back was a coach and it was full,i prefers the ramshakle cos i knew it was safe eneugh and quicker as less people took us 30 min,took 1 hr 10 min on coach,because of all the pick ups.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

It also depends on what time you arrive and where your hotel is when I arrive during the daytime about 12.am I usually just get the x2 bus from the airport. Buy your weekly bus ticket €6.50 at the airport and use that to go to your hotel.

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
651 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

Wouldn't get the bus takes forever and thats the last thing you want after a flight....all depends on youyr budget but i find resort hoppa has a multitude of options........from the minibus and all the fun that goes with it to a private taxi...both good...both reliable!!

Swindon
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

Airport to qawra should be 18 euros.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers

HI All

Yes I have used Travelrepublic for my airport transfers for years very cheap and efficient apart from last year I think we had a two hour wait for our pick up at the airport from the time we picked up our luggage we were just about to give up and get a taxi when they sorted it out and we got on our way I regarded it as just a blip and got on with it

SID

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,743 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers

Depending upon the time the bus isn`t a bad idea.

It`s very cheap and I enjoy the ride.Look upon it as a sightseeing tour !

Takes some time but if a transfer company have multi drop offs the bus can be as quick.

Bus isn`t bad if you are staying in Sliema / St Julians ------ 40 minutes.

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
651 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfers

Gonna un-ashamedly bump this as Simon is sound.......so e-mail JDScabs@live.com for all your transfer needs!

fast...reliable...and fun!

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations