We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

Just wondering if it is part of an AI deal or if it's a stand allone part. For those who are interested I chose AI as we will probably spend 2 or 3 days while we are there around the pool. It also gives us flexibility about when to go out etc. nothing worse than going out at 1-2 pm only to be starving by 4 and spoiling your tea. We will eat out every other night as we always do but for £70 a week I thought AI over half board was a bargin. Also as a matter of interest does anyone know what the beer is here. cheers

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

The coffee shop at the Qawra Palace Hotel is situated at the front and is open to anyone .

It is extremely popular especially at weekends when it gets full of locals having cakes / snacks / coffe / beer etc.

It has nothing to do with the hotel meals or all inclusive.

I assume you mean the beer in general in Malta ?

There is a brewery on the island that makes several types of beer..

The best known is Cisk ( pronounced chisk ) lager. It comes in bottles , cans and draught and there is no doubt that bottled is the best choice.

Farsons ( the name of the brewery ) also make bitters called Hopleaf or Blue Label and they make a milk stout called Lacto.

I believe they also make Skol lager under licence.

There are also imported beers ----- some very cheap like Bavaria lager ( actually from Holland ns Efes from Turkey.

British imports include John Smiths , Guiness etc

Some nice German and Belgian beers are also available

The price of beer varies with a few bars doing a euro a pint but usual price would be 2 . 00 to 3.50 a pint and more in a 5 star hotel

Cans --- such as Bavaria , about 60 cents from supermarket.

There are shops near the Qawra Palace where you can buy them.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

Last time I stayed there, the coffee shop was not included in the AI package. The beer then was Lowenbrau, but that tends to change - probably depending on what they can get cheapest

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

At one time Lowenbrau had a brewery in Malta ( just outside Qormi ) and the beer was popular but it has now closed down and that brand is not in evidence.

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
580 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

Probably for the best...Lowenbrau.....or "laughing brew"....wouldn't advise it if you are...

a) on holiday with wife and kids (or you like your wife and kids!)

b) in the "honeymoon" stage of any relationship and you are on "best behaviour"

c) You are part of the "amateur brigade" that have a pint at Christmas only

All other folk...crack on!!!

Edited: 21 August 2014, 07:14
hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

Lowenbrau is still available in Malta and is imported by AB Inbev, but is not widely available. It was still on the menu at QP coffee shop in April, but as I said does tend to change. I often find that imported beers/lagers, especially draught, are not available - the usual reason given is that it is out of stock. Not a problem for me as I prefer the Maltese brews anyway.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 17:37
6. Re: Qawra Palace Coffee Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations