We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Walks

We love walking along the coast, mountains or around towns. Are there any good walks to/from Bugibba or even a bus ride away. Thanks

Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Walks

One of my favourite coast walks is not too far from buggibba. Take any bus that goes through mellieha, but ask the driver to stop at the turning for selmun palace. Just before you come into the town itself. Head out past the palace, now sadly closed, and you can follow the coastal path looking over St. Paul's island and around to mistra bay and this will lead to the main road for a bus stop back to buggibba. It's a really lovely walk and you shouldn't come across too many people. Early spring is the best time as the whole area is a sea of green with wild flowers and herbs. Just make sure you bring water, sunscreen, and a cap when walking in June. Btw, as an ex sandgrounder now living over here I have to say I do miss those walks from ainsdale through freshfield pinewoods, nowhere near as many trees over here! Enjoy your stay and getting out and about, there really is a lot to see off the beaten track

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Walks

Done that walk many times going around fort Campbell,but also the walk to Selmun Bay(Imgiebah) .Again setting off from Selmun Palace follow the dirt track opposite the palace and when reaching the tarmac road turn right(hardly any traffic) and follow the road down the valley.Upon reaching a crossroad where the bamboo grows turn left and this takes you to the bay.Stunning location and one of my favourite places on the island.After that you can follow the coastal path to Mellieha coming out at the beginning of the bay.(near the Tunny net museum)

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Walks

Thank you all some excellent tips and we will certainly be trying a lot of them!

Tony M, yes we do have some excellent walks here, bit spoilt, we also like to walk along sea wall marshes in Churchtown, nice town Southport.

14. Re: Walks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba