We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special event

Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Special event

Hi everyone.

My Wife and I will be going to Bugibba in August for her 50th Birthday. We've been to Malta for the last 7 years (either to Bugibba and St Julians - we love them both)

Any recommendations for a good restaurant for Brunch / Lunch, or something nice to do on her birthday in or around Bugibba on her birthday - It's a Monday!

I will be booking Wigi's Kitchen in Bullata bay for our dinner

Thanks, in advance

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Special event

It's quite a difficult one to answer without knowing what kind of food you like etc. But you could have a look through this link....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g6…

Hope this helps.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special event

Billy don't think you'll get brunch in bugibba,well not brunch as we know it,some bars will do an all day breakfast,or have lunch but go to cheeky monkeys it's a bar but a bistro so a bit more upmarket than say the red lion or Knickerbockers,

It's on the qawra coast road in qawra,I've eaten there a couple of times and it's actually very good,they do risotto,pasta,burgers,sharing platers,the cured meat one for two is very good.

Or maybe do lunch at one of the more high end hotels,like the dolmen,there restaurants are open to the public.

What too do during the day after lunch before you go too st Julian's for dinner,have a nice stroll down the prom as far as st Paul's,visit it's church,it's a nice little church,sorry can't think of anything else more romantic it's bugibba during the day,nothing romantic about the place,not as if you can go for a stroll in the sunset that will have to be done in ballutta bay either before or after dinner.

Now mdina on the other hand and lunch there in one of the restraints on the bastions looking out across Malta's countryside would be more ideal,or Valletta in a restaurant on its waterfront with views of the grand harbour and the 3 cities even beautiful if you want something special would be far better.

Eileen

Edited: 27 June 2017, 16:22
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special event

I would also suggest going out of Bugibba and go to Valletta to Upper Barrakka gardens, go to one of the cafes on Reoublic Street or a restaurant on the waterfront.

if you desperately want to stay in Bugibba try the National Aquarium La Nave Bistro which has a varied menu. Plenty of outside seating with a lovely view across to St Paul's island and Gozo. Cheeky Monkey gastropub mentioned by Eileen appointed a new chef/manager last summer and he has updated the menu. A few tables outside on the balcony which overlooks the bay.

http://www.aquarium.com.mt/visit/facilities/

https://cheekymonkeymalta.com/

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special event

I have a 50th week after next..

Why not Gozo? That's where we're going 1 night in the rather nice Duke Boutique Hotel Victoria check in nice and early....wander down to Xlendi (bus vai Tapias bar to watch the world go by) back up to Victoria wander about then (a siesta) back down to Xlendi in the evening for an Indian...

Knock-out!! (can't wait!)

5. Re: Special event

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba