This is difficult ,
However , whichever hotel you speak of you are bound to find somebody who disa grees !
The Santana probably has the better situation ,
It is only about 150 yards ( 2 minutes stroll ) from the bus station and is nearly next door to a small mini supermarket .
There is a good drink and tobacco shop ---- Alexander`s ---- who also changes money at a good rate with no commissions .
Very popular bar / café called Central Perk where people sit outside with a cheap beer . coffee etc .
My choice would definitely n
be the Santana .
Sure somebody else will suggest the other.
By the way !
How do the prices compare ?
There you are !
I said somebody may disagree,
It`s Danny !
I still say that when I stayed I enjoyed the food ,
Who is correct , Me or Danny
Danny is never really wrong, I have the utmost faith in his opinions so it`s a matter of personal choice .
only £200 different soreda ia little cheaper
Not done the Soreda either, but spent 4 weeks at the Santana last November on B&B.
- First room we had overlooked Alex Bar. It was impossible to sleep until after the Bar closed close to midnight. Ironically, it became our favourite bar.
- Poor room wall insulation.
- Changed room onto the wing above the hotel's Zen Patio Garden. The floor is tiled, and any noise bounces upwards. Fortunately it was November, so the noise bouncing upwards was minimal, but it happened on a couple of nights.
- The rooms above the Zen Gardens faces north, and was like a dungeon. We were jealous looking from our balcony across to the Canifor with people basking in the sun.
- Rooms facing the front of the hotel are subject to early morning vehicle noise, bin men, and the like.
- Bathrooms are fine, but the showers are open on one side, and unless you're careful [we were] you can flood the bathroom.
- Room cleaning was erratic. We were always out early, and never back before mid-afternoon, but often the room hadn't been cleaned, and we were disturbed by as late as 1600. Tbh I'm all in favour of the room to be cleaned ONLY on request.
- Breakfast was buffet, and usually very busy around the serveries.
- Breakfast was alright apart from the fried eggs, which were without exception rock hard.
- The hotel says it doesn't accept large groups.....well it did while we were there, and the behaviour of some of them was disgusting. I think there's a hotel review from one of the group who put blame for their behaviour onto the hotel.
- Nice pool on the roof, 360 degree views.....we had the pool more or less to ourselves.....it was November though.
- Children.....there's nothing for them to do in the hotel.
Would we stay at the Santana again......what do you reckon?