We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunseekers

mexborough
9 posts
Save Topic
sunseekers

hi, me and my family 2 adults and 2 children age 9 and 4 are going to malta in may for two weeks. We are staying at the sunseekes in Bugibba just wanted to know if anyone has ever stayed there?

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sunseekers

Good choice. My son,his wife and three daughters ages 6yo-10yo have stayed there three times, and they love it.It is run by a friendly family,who can't do enough to help you. The hotel is spotless,and the staff,from cleaners to barman,are great.It has two pools,one inside,the other on the roof(I'm not sure what date this pool is open).A full English breakfast can be bought at the hotel,but try walking around Bugibba as there are many bars and resturants who serve all day breakfast very cheaply. Plus,if you allow them,there is always McDonalds for the children where there is a small fun park.The currency is now the Euro,but I'm not sure who has the best exchange rate,Britain or Malta.If you need any more info,just ask as I am sure there are other ex-pats on this site who will help you.

mexborough
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sunseekers

Hi, thanks for the message i dont suppose you happened to notice what the plugs in the appartments was like? (3 pins i hope) and also did they have ironing boards or irons and also a hairdryer? or do yu think we should take our own?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunseekers

Don't know if they have dryers and ironing board but in Malta plugs are the same as in the UK - 3 pin plugs

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunseekers

It's all 3 pin. I think you'll be quite lucky to have an ironing board but think it's possible you can get one from reception.

My wife would NEVER take a chance with another hair drier she always takes her own (along with about 20 pairs of shoes!). Hair driers are such a personal item I think you should take one.

You can always get a travel kit of iron, hair drier and kettle in a pouch for about £20 in Halfords which is what we keep in our motorhome or if we know somewhere is going to be basic.

uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunseekers

we have just come back.i posted my review with pics at the weekend. you get an iron and ironing board.can't remember if there was a hairdryer.i like my own. you could email them and ask.

mexborough
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sunseekers

yes thanks i think ill play it safe and take my own.

we are also going to a wedding there thats the reason we are going.

mexborough
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sunseekers

does anyone happen to know what the weather is like in malta, we are going on the 20th may till the 3rd of june?

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sunseekers

If last year is anything to go by, you will be going home with a brilliant tan. Mind you, we did have about 3 months worth of rain on the 1st June, but never saw another drop untill the end of August. Dont forget your suncream.

mexborough
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sunseekers

yes already got our sun creams, i had read it was hot at this time of year, is it maltas summer in may?

Not long to go now 4 weeks im more exicited than the kids.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: sunseekers

By Maltese standards, the weather so far this year has not been very good. We had a lot of rain in the first couple of months, and it has been windy which has kept the temperatures down. But it seems to have settled down a bit, and we have had a beautiful weekend with plenty of sunshine. I'm begining to sound like a weather forecaster. Me and the wife are off for a stroll down to Qawra(pronounced OW-RA)and back to 'Pearsons' for a couple of pints and a Sunday lunch, well recommended.

Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations