We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Manchester
Level Contributor
374 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Hi,

I am thinking of booking a holiday next summer to Malta probably staying in Bugibba but am considering other resorts.

In the past Malta had a reputation for Timeshare touts but has this gone away?

A recent holiday in Tenerife was ruined by them.

Thanks for your time

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Time share touts are still a confounded nuisance but I never let them bother me because I just ignore them.

From what I hear , Malta is not as bad as Tenerife so come and enjoy the country and don1t let these low lifes bother you.

Graham

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Just say a very firm no or tell them you are already in the process of buying your own apartment in Malta!!

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Yes unfortunately they are, on street corners,very chatty, jumping out of cars, with hi there are you from the U/K? with those (all ways win a five star holiday scratch CARDS) and ( make it look up front swinging neck CARDS). So free holidays, free this, free that ,where does all this money come from, YOUR credit CARDS. BEWARE, also see new scam on KWOWKATS on KENNEDY NOVA SLIEMA.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

As said they are still around. Just remember you get nothing for nothing. What they are offering as an incentive is nowhere near as valuable as your time.

I was not bothered at all in Qawra & Bugibba this year but that's because they knew me and vice versa. I was pulled in Sliema but as soon as he spoke to me I just said I charged £155 per hour or part thereof for my time and would he like the full hour so I can invoice him .... He went away.

Unfortunately all of the touts are Brits. A firm no thank you is all it usually takes.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

hi , we stayed in st julians last year with no bother , but had a day out around bugibba and was pestered all the time by touts , went alover malta in the 2 weeks we had there and never got pestered anywhere els.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

Unfortunately I fell foul of one in Sliema. They are very convincing and funny sometimes but they weren't getting anything out of mer and I loved the frustration on their faces when we said no at the end of their speil! Just ignore them firmly and walk on. Just the same as the beggars and looky men all over the world they know when you're not interested. At least in the States you get can get Disney tickets out of them!

Enjoy yourselves and be firm with them.

Inverness
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

I was there in June and there didn't seem to be many. Frankly given the hotel bargains in the area all year roung, you'd have to be crazy to consider a timeshare. I'm surprised any touts would waste their time even trying to sell.

8. Re: Timeshare Touts In Malta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations