We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro Bar Buggiba

United Kingdoom
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Euro Bar Buggiba

Tony and Anita xpats, have lived on the Island for many years make you most welcome, breakfast is to die for.

YES and BEER IS 1 EURO

You need to check this out I had a fabtastic Christmas Lunch.

Joe The Mod

Edited: 10 January 2011, 13:14
Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

I had a few weeks in Malta and used this place.

What a cracking little bar.

The couple running it cannot make you feel more welcome. Lovely people. The local expats using it all know each other and were also very friendly.

Prices were good and the food I had was well cooked and value for money. To find the bar look for the San Anton Hotel and just walk a short distance down - It's on the other side of the road.

Friday nights are Karaoke nights and can get quite busy. Starts early around 5 pm.

For me this bar was the most welcoming place in Malta. I certainly recommend trying it for a beer.

The only downside was me singing the Sex Pistols My Way on the Karaoke !

I certainly recommend the place and will be going back next time I am in Malta. The Euro Bar is ideal for people staying at the San Anton Hotel. It's right by the hotel and the beer is much better than the hotel bar - cheaper too unless you are all inclusive.

Best,

Paul

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Hi tonie and anita had agreat time sept but two hot se you march for paddys day regards two all sheila and david

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Anthony,who has said Malta is dated,certainly not on this thread,any way

You say about bb's in UK,and some dont have private facilities,true but not many these days

Not like there use too be,a lot of the cheaper hotels are chains like travel lodge,premier inn etc

And you can get a room in one on them fairly cheaply these days,with private facilities,most of these

Dont have a restaurant or bar tho,but most are on same site as pub owned by same company,

The rooms in them are actualy fairly big,with all mod cons and private facilities,there quite nice,

Now hotels in Malta depends what you define as nice,ive found any thing under a 4 star are usually

Either adequate or awfull,depending on what you pay you get what you pay for,so now I only stay

In 4 star,unless I want an apartment then id stay at canifor apartments as can use the canifor hotels

Facilities,I know you stayed at the san Anton and found it ok for what you paid,we stayed there last

Year in august,and never again,it had only reopened a few months previous,but we paid a lot more

To stay there with easy jet than most other people in the hotel,our apartment,was all old furniture

Dropping to bits,smelled so badly of damp,it tainted our clothes,I spent a fortune on air freshener

To try and get rid of smell,and to get rid of smell on clothes,the food was disgusting,luke warm at

Best and that included the salads and sweets,I pulled a bread roll out of the stack and about 20

Flies,flew out of the stack,that was the last straw,complained to hotel,asked to move rooms,wouldn't

As supposedly full,so complained to easy jet,who offered us blue sea st George in Valletta,refused

As people had being transferred to san Anton from there and said it was a hell hole full of drunk 18/30

Year olds,and the food had made them ill,so easy jet wouldn't do anything else,so we complained

To tourist board and environmental health in Malta,found out when we returned home that blue sea group

Had being given a joint writ by both on food and health safety for all its hotels in Malta,so complained again

To easy jet who after months of wrangling's,and writing to abta and European hotel commission they refunded the cost of hotel plus cost of food as we had to eat out when all inc,as the food made us ill,they had a cert off a doctor to verify this,plus had contacted both agencies to confirm the writ,which was confirmed,so that's why they refunded us.now no offence I know you found it ok,but an actuall 3 star hotel in the UK would of being shut down

For less for what was wrong with that hotel,its like ive said before the hotel grading in Malta

Is 4 star and above usualy what it says it is,any below make there own stars up.lol.now I'm not running Malta down,as being visiting for years and love place,other regulars on here will verify that,and getting back to Malta being dated,no its not that I agree with you about,it has a fantastic education system,health system,most islanders speak English,a lot Italian also,as well as there own language and not many people in UK can claim that can they,so whoever said Malta is dated and backwards obvisouly doesn't know what there talking about,

How many places can you go,into a bar/cafe,and within 5 minutes your in deep conversation with the locals,about various topics,the war,the malteese song for Europe entry,football,local villages etc,not many

But Malta you can,the people are lovely and friendly,will go out of there way to help if they can,its a beautiful

Island with thousands of years of history,and took more batterings than most countries,but still came out the other side fighting,now that says a lot doesn't it.

Regards

Eileen

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

hi folks can somebody please tell me were euro bar is please I was in malta last December 4 a week and never heard of it I stayed at san anton so is it far from there is it toward spaghetti junction or other way thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Its on triq ir-ilmal same road as the san anton come out of san anton turn left walk cross over the rd,keep walking straight down its on your right 5 min tops from san anton.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

thanks I make sure I find it this year thank you 4 your help yorkshiregirl

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Hi Dave. You sent me a PM but I think your question has already been answered ! I will be back in Malta sometime soon - Get the beers in mate ;-)

Best,

Paul

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Se you paddys day have the stew ready we will bring saugess

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

Hi tonie weather here floods se you march can't wait two stay in parklane wish we had found it sooner as the hotels are not good I have been going two buggiba 30 years it has changed. A lot

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Euro Bar Buggiba

hi paul im there 12th December 4 6 days so what is it your drinking I b in there most days lol if your there have a beer with you all the best mate dave

Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations