We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is malta full of Libyans

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harwich, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
is malta full of Libyans

could you tell me as a lot of people have left Libya and gone to malta is it full of libyans and is it still safe to walk about at night. thanks Derek

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is malta full of Libyans

The people who have left Libya were the foreigners working in Libya like the English, Maltese, other Europeans, Chinese and Egyptians. They only stopped over in Malta till they got flights out to their respective countries so they are now mostly gone.

In answer to your question, no Malta is not full of Libyans and yes it is still safe to walk about at night

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is malta full of Libyans

Twirl gave you the answer, but let the tourists tell you the rest

maltatoday.com.mt/news/national/tourists-gla…

Libyan workers are not Libyans !! They were all going home, to China and Pakistan, and used Malta as a safe port :-)

CNN and BBC twisted the news to exagerate the situation , and put Malta in a bad light when it was helping everyone to get back home safe .

Welcome to Malta

Edited: 25 March 2011, 22:48
Harwich, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is malta full of Libyans

thanks to Twirl and 642amc for putting my mind at ease looking forward to coming over to malta now. thanks derek

sheffield
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is malta full of Libyans

hi we was in malta about 2 weeks ago malta is proberbly one of the safest places to be i never once felt uncomfortable in the day or night you will have no problems with walking around and feeling safe at night hope you have a good holiday

Harwich, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is malta full of Libyans

hi there thank you for your input its nice to no its still safe to go out at night.

thanks derek

Edited: 27 March 2011, 10:08
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is malta full of Libyans

If anyone wants to have a look at Malta as if he is having coffee on the terrace of the Meridien in Sliema , all you have to do is look at this webcam

http://www.lemeridienmaltaview.com/

Today was a a hot spring day and you could barely walk on the seafront pavement due to the number of tourist enjoying the sunshine and the fresh breeze.

I will not post more on this post as it is getting boring to repet myself

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is malta full of Libyans

Nah Malta is full of very nice Maltese people who welcome anyone to their lovely country and yes you might get a few Libians.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is malta full of Libyans

Is this accurate then?

800 refugees in the last 24 hours

dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,14953141,00.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is malta full of Libyans

BTW I realise they are not Libyans arriving in Malta but it does seem that the number of refugees arriving in Malta is quite high at the moment....

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: is malta full of Libyans

Hey now...Libyans are people just like the rest of us. Good for Malta for any help they give to others.

Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations