We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities to do on holiday

Ireland
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Activities to do on holiday

Hi, we are going to bugibba late sept for 10 nights. We will enjoy the usual eating out, sunbathing, sightseeing, market stalls etd. However I'd be interested to find out if there is anything else going on, yoga classes, painting classes, sports/water activities etc. What do the local people do to chill out etc. I am also interested in any plays/theatre, shows going on in September. I just want to have a choice of things to do during the day and evening besides the usual daily activities and evening eating and drinking. Thanks

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Try SCUBA diving and snorkelling

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Have a look at www.whatson.com.mt. Also if you go to visitmalta.com you can click on the forthcoming events.

There might be some concerts on but it will still be too hot for the theatre season to have started.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities to do on holiday

hat776 is right - possibly too early for the theatre season to have started. If you are into theatre though you might like to visit the gem of a baroque theatre, the Manoel, in Valletta. Tours are available daily. See teatrumanoel.com.mt

Ireland
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Ah thanks guys, it does look like there realy isn't any events in Sept when we are going. The theatre tours sound good though and I like the idea of snorkling - scuba dive out - long story. Is there any second hand book shops around? Tthanks for your replys

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities to do on holiday

There are lots of Charity Shops that sell books - can't think of any specific second hand book shop.

Many of the activities the locals have in Summer are beach orientated such as BBQs , parties and even weddings. Try and attend a village/town Festa during your stay. Harbour cruises , night party cruises, trips to Comino etc are all popular. Apart from snorkeling there are lots of water sports.

On the Malta forum - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g190311-i348-Malta… - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g190311-i348-Malta… - there is the Top Question section. Have a look at the Things to do and also the one giving useful links

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities to do on holiday

There is a second hand book shop in St Pauls Bay on the road leading down to the Topaz Hotel from Mosta road .

It is called Tommy`s and has been there fvor several years . It has a large range of books.

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Hi GAM15,

There is a cabaret show held at the Dolmen Hotel in Bugibba on Tuesday's and Thursday's, called 'Malta: Night of the Stars. It is a show which consists of tribute acts performed by local entertainers. Some of the acts include tributes to Elvis Presley, ABBA, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, The Blues Brothers and also a singer/guitarist named Tommy Strings who performs his own version of songs from the 60's. It also includes variety entertainment and show dancers. You have a choice of a four course meal plus the show, or entrance for the show only. I have not seen the show myself, but have been told it is very good.

Have a good holiday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Thats great guys. I'm a real book worm so Tommy's book shop sounds ideal. So does the show. Its great to have some thng to do in the evening rather than just sit in a bar. Thanks again.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Activities to do on holiday

Hi GAM15,

Just to add to what Graham wrote, Tommy's Book Shop is on a corner at:

Daisy Court, Triq il-Lampuki, St Pauls Bay. (near Topaz Hotel)

The good thing about buying a book at Tommy's is, after you have read the book, if you return it, he gives you a refund of half the original price.

Have a good holiday.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Activities to do on holiday

At the Empire Cinema in Bugibba you can see the great film, Valletta Living History that is showing specially in summer everyday at 11am and 12noon.

Valletta Living History is a 5 minute docudrama depicting the history, culture and lifestyle o Malta and the Maltese.

Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations