We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bugibba hotel

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bugibba hotel

Going in march have read posts about hotel /get what you pay for.Has any one been this early in season?What are prices like beer meals etc./what bars are open/weather temperature day and night time?? Any information greatly helpful.Never been to Malta love or hate it I have heard.Really looking forward to it.8 in family going.49---78 years of age.

Cheers Derek

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bugibba hotel

It gets packed out with students, so can be very noisy. I heard its had a refit and is better than before. Where the hotel is on a road full of bars, that have other roads off it full of bars etc. Not the best time of year to go, as the weather wont be that great and the sea will be to cold for swimming. Temps during the day will range from 60s to 70s if you are lucky. Maybe rain and some wind. Night time will be nippy.

Meal prices very pizza around 7euro Beer in bars, you can get a can as low as 1 euro to draft of chisk 2.50 euro ish a pint.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 12:42
Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bugibba hotel

I should of said Cisk, but say it how i spelt it when in the bars. Its one of the best lagers around

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bugibba hotel

Thanks for post.Do you know prices Etc??

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bugibba hotel

I did edit my post, lets see if i can go in to a bit more detail. Beer from 1 euro a can to 3 euro on draft. Coke around 1.20 in a bar. Pizza around 7 euro, depends what you get. Kebab in pitta around 5 Euro, the best for that is the one near time out Sofra, i think its called. You will need to travel and see the island. Valletta etc As you cant spend your whole holiday just in Bugibba, you will get bored stiff.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,832 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bugibba hotel

You should buy a weekly bus ticket ,

For 12 euros you can travel on all buses up till 11 o`clock at night.

The bus station , with buses all over the country , is a few minutes walk up the road from the Bugibba Hotel.

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bugibba hotel

Hi Derektots,

The good news is there will not be any students at the Bugibba Hotel in March. Right opposite the entrance is a bar called Munchies, very popular with the Brits. To the right as you come out of the hotel is a Chinese restaurant named The Forbidden City, good food, very reasonable and be prepared to take a 'doggy bag' home with all the food you don't eat, everybody does.

Have a good holiday.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bugibba hotel

Hi I booked to go now sep the 19 with the hubby is it any good over there

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bugibba hotel

Hi I booked to go now sep the 19 with the hubby is it any good over there

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta