We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about Topaz Hotel?

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
What about Topaz Hotel?

What about Topaz Hotel? We had many nice weekends breaks in this nice and value for money hotel. But last we was there I noted changes and i noted that this hotel was serving foods coming from a contracting caterer.I told wife that I believe this hotel will soon close down ... Infact few weeks after this hotel was closed as those who was managing this hotel didn't renew their contract.. Now I noticed that this hotel is to reopen again under new management.

My question is who is going to run this hotel now ... Are they going to continue serving the same caterer contracting food? Are they going to offer same entertainment.

It will be nice to know what is on and about this hotel

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

You might have to ask Graham about that hotel.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

The Topaz hotel is opening again in April of this year.

I believe it will be managed by the Robert Arigo group ,

Some rejuvenation is being done . New matresses , television sets and sun beds are being installed.

I am told that food is being supplied by the Dolman hotel which has a good reputation.

Not sure about entertainment but the Topaz did always have it .

Prices are set to rise --- no surprises there !!

Be interesting to see how it goes.

I have stayed there many times often for long stays ( 10 weeks ) and have always enjoyed it.

Graham

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Thanks Grahamwitten .. Yes I have already got a text on my mobile from Arrigo Group with good offers ... But as usual I always get better offers from Travelrepublic ... Sure that I I will give this hotel another try.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Hi my friend wrappido Topaz is hotel that I took a lot of weekends breaks in it ... I was only bit disappointed in my last break their infact few weeks after Topaz Hotel closed down .Sure I book this hotel and have another try ... I realy like this hotel ...

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Choice holidays , who have their office at the Topaz hotel do some excellent deals .

Worth checking them out.

Graham

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

I will then check them then,as I always be search for the cheaper rates for my favorite hotels

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

grahamwitton I just checked their website .But it looks that they don't offer hotel only bookings .. As a packeages yes they look cheap.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Anthony,

Give them a ring and ask to speak to Mike Smith , the manager.

He is very helpful.

By the way , the club at Msida seems to be closed all the time . Called a couple of times but missed you,

Graham

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Hi Graham now the club is open on regular basis this from last July .... So first time you be here let me know .... Hope on one weekend we be both at Topaz ... I was at Qawra Place Hotel for Valentines Eve/Day

Thanks for all

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What about Topaz Hotel?

Not having much luck Graham coudent get a drink in Msida missed me cause I wasent in the Park but at least you had a few trips out to Sliema.

Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations