We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel with teens

Which Manassas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
travel with teens

I have one day in Manassas or surrounding areas, mid June. I'll be traveling with another adult and 8 teens from 12-17 years with varying interests. Budget is flexible. I am open to any and all ideas.

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,858 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel with teens

The obvious suggestion would be touring the Manassas Battlefield. There's a film, museum exhibits, ranger-guided tours, self-guided walking tours, driving tours and hiking trails. www.nps.gov/mana

You are also only about a 45 minutes - 1 hour drive from Washington D.C. For a one-day visit, I would park at Union Station, walk over to the Capitol and take a tour and then walk down the Mall stopping to visit those Smithsonian museums and the monuments and memorials which interest you. You can't do it all in a day, but if you research what you want to see ahead of time, you can still do a lot.

www.visitthecapitol.gov/visit/book_a_tour/

Finally, if your group wants a day of "fun in the sun", you might want to go to Splashdown Waterpark in Manassas.

splashdownwaterpark.com/Home/…Default.aspx

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel with teens

As stated above, Manassas isn't known for much other than civil war history.

However, the teens will definitely enjoy the Splashdown Water Park.

There is also another water park in Manassas Park, a couple of miles away.

manassasparkcommunitycenter.com/index.php/aq…

Reply to: travel with teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted