We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me more about Alora!

Which Alora hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me more about Alora!

Why is there nothing in this forum??! Have booked a villa hol here for 2 weeks in Sep, love spain, speak Spanish....any tips on Alora itself and or things to do locally? (Already visited main towns Granada, Sevilla, Rhonda etc)

Thanks

Borehamwood
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Hi

I am also in Alora in September staying at Casa De Palmera in the barriada, are you near there. where are you staying ? Sunday 12th September is usually the Romareia the local festival that takes place the second weekend in September. It is at the top of the town but just wear comfy shoes & follow all the horses, it is amazing. I always go to the lakes for the fishing as it is a paradise.

Regards

Donna

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Great news to hear we are there for the local fiesta!!! We are staying in a villa walking distance into Alora centre, booked through Owners Direct.

Do you know how much the return train fare is to Alora - Malaga airport?

Are there several places to ear in Alora itself? Not sure how big the town is??

Also where is the best hypermarket/large supermarket to stock up on at the beginning of the week? Got a young baby so need to get all the nappies etc in!!!

Thanks alot !!!!

Borehamwood
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Hiya,

If you are in Alora town centre you will be very near the festival & there is a large Mercadona/supermarket at the edge of town & several small stores in the town centre. depending on where you are. Loads of great places to in in & around the town. Not sure of train prices but they are very cheap & here is the train timetable links. You will need to get a shuttle train to Malaga & change.

renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Great stuff, thanks!!!

Any 'special' restaurants to go to in the neighbourhood? We have an anniversary to celebrate out there!!

Or even just recommendations for a normal dinner out?

Finally for now, is there a weekly market in Alora?

Borehamwood
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Hiya

I am pretty sure the market day is Tuesday but will check for you & come back with a list of restaurants.

Regards

Donna

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Any eating tips for Alora?

Borehamwood
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Hiya,

The best reasturant by far is Los cabbalos in the barriada, it is always busy & had a beautiful dining terrace.

regards

Coatbridge, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Hope you emjoyed Alora, was there in August, was staying in Arroyo de Miele and got the train from there to Alora, a simple change at Victoria Kent station in Malaga and was only 3.35 euros return, its a lovely wee Puebla Blanco, but please, get the local bus from the station up the hill to the village and dont walk like we did, lol, its a killer, a very typical Andalucian village and very friendly

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

Intupe can you get train now from Victoria to Alora, we are visiting Alora on our next trip to Benalmadena, but thought we had to change at Maria Zambrano in Malaga?. x

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me more about Alora!

RosebushMidlands,

I hope it does not matter that I am not intupe.

The answer is yes. Schedules here - renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Best wishes.

Get answers to your questions about Alora
Recent Conversations
More Alora Topics