We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towns like Woodstock

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Towns like Woodstock

I am planning another New England Vacation this fall, however this time our trip will focus on Vermont. I have been to Burlington, Stowe and Woodstock. My favourite was Woodstock. I liked Burlington but would rather stay in small quaint towns.

What other towns have the same feel as Woodstock?

We will be driving in from Canada through Quebec.

Thanks!

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
704 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towns like Woodstock

Nothing is really exactly like Woodstock, which was essentially created in a particular way at a particular time in history. Some other similarly beautiful towns include Weston, Chester, Grafton, Dorset. These are also unusually wealthy towns for Vermont, in some of which, as in Woodstock, personal wealth was invested in creating towns with a particular attractive image that attracts a lot of visitors. Also Cornish NH, right on the other side of the Connecticut River from Windsor VT. There are quaint small towns all over the state that may have had less wealth available but are no less beautiful. South Royalton (very pretty and the home of Vermont Law School), Putney, Peacham, Barnet, Belmont (a village of Mount Holly, near Ludlow), the area up around Craftsbury and Glover (most of these are very rural, much smaller and less commercial than Woodstock, though.) You might also enjoy Norwich VT, with Hanover NH (home of Dartmouth College) across the river.

Edited: 08 April 2017, 23:32
Quincy...
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Towns like Woodstock

To add to Swedishivy2013's list, Quechee is a very charming town imho near White River Junction and Norwich. In Norwich I recommend visiting King Arthur's Bakery. In Quechee you can go on a beautiful relaxing strool down the Quechee Gorge. There is also an antique/quaint shopping mall of independent stores and Cabot cheese a product of Vermont. White River Junction only has the river that is good for canoeing, kayaking, and rafting. So probably not for you unless you are into watersports.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towns like Woodstock

Morning Mimimsac,

Woodstock is unique, so I'd come back and stay here again BUT do day trips to Norwich, Chester, Weston and then into Manchester VT...

Wollongong...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towns like Woodstock

Hi there all

we are looking for a holiday desination for a few days at christmas for a true white christmas and Woodstock has been recommended. Can anyone tell me if that is correct and it snows at christmas or somewhere they can recommend. we are not looking to ski just build a snowman and wake to snow say from 22nd dec to 26th dec.

thankyou in advance

5. Re: Towns like Woodstock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 August 2017, 22:35
Edited: 08 August 2017, 22:35
6. Re: Towns like Woodstock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2018, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock