We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long in advance ??????

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How long in advance ??????

I'm planning to go to Woodstock next year for the foliage season. I know I'll have to book a hotel in advance, but how long in advance would you say? Are we talking one month here? Two? Six?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long in advance ??????

Now! That is if you want to be in one of the more popular inns/b&bs. One-2 months might be pushing it. Six months you should be oK.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long in advance ??????

Thanks vter. Just to be safe I'll book at the very beginning of the year and that'll be 9 months in advance. I'm already looking forward to this trip!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long in advance ??????

We own a B&B in Chester and our popular rooms are often booked a year in advance for Fall foliage and especially for Columbus weekend. (guests re-book as they check out) If you know where you want to stay and have a particular room request then book now. Some B&B's don't even charge deposits until nearer the time of arrival and have very flexible cancellation policies with no fees if a 14-30 days notice given so you have nothing to lose by booking early.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long in advance ??????

Thanks innvic. After reading boths replies I booked (actually asked a reservation) my room today.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long in advance ??????

Hi Paulista1950,

If only all visitors were as organised as you!

Very sensible to book and do now check out the town web site at www.woodstockvt.com for all the things you might want to do. How long are you staying in the area and did you decide to stay in the village or further afield?

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long in advance ??????

Tks. David.

I'm planning to stay 3 days in the village.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long in advance ??????

Well you should get a good feel for the place and do visit our wonderful general store Gillinghams which sell pot pourri, fine wine & chain saws!!!!!!

8. Re: How long in advance ??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 11:16