We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see in Woodstock

san jose Ca.
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to see in Woodstock

I will be staying in Woodstock on Oct. 24th. Is there a covered bridge there that has allot of changing colors in the trees around it for a magnificent photo op. Also What are the must sees in the area? Also I collect hand carved Santas and vintage or vintage reproductions of old halloween memorabilia. Do any stores come to mind? Any local artisans in nearby towns? Thanks, Semitegal

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Davidbignose can help wiht your specific questions, but October 24 is really late for foliage. There will probably not be much color left at that point.

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Hey I am planning to be there on Oct 13, would it be too late for foliage? Also please suggest things to do in Woodstock...

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see in Woodstock

All the information on things to do can be found on this link http://www.woodstockvt.com/

13th October the foliage should be good - maybe a little past peak in parts but a short drive should put you in amongst the really pretty stuff.

24th will probably be a little late if you are looking for a particular shot of covered bridge surrounded by colorful trees. There still be some color but many of the leaves have dropped by that time.

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Thanks Innvic for your reply.

I am still not sure where to go -Vermont/New Hampshire. I am planning to drive down from NJ to any of theses 2 places for 2 nights and 3 days during Columbus Day weekend. I don't want to be there for past peak season. Please guys suggest me what state/towns is best for fall foliage in that week? Will it be worth driving from NJ to VT/NH?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Do you have lodging reservations for Columbus Day weekend? If not, you may be out of luck. That is the busiest weekend of the year and many places get booked MONTHS in advance. Also be prepared for a 3 night minimum stay.

Where you end up will decide on where you can find a place to stay!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Pinky if you do not have reservations you may be out of luck...................even if you can get reservations you'll probably be restricted to a minimum two night stay (i.e you won't be able to stay in two locations Columbus weekend because no one will sell a room for one night) We have people knocking on our door up to 11.30 at night that weekend looking for somewhere to stay (even with the no vacancy sign out) and know people who have had to sleep in their car as there were no beds available anywhere within 60 miles. You could contact the chamber of commerce in the area your interested and see if they keep a list of last minute availability and cancellations. Good luck

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to see in Woodstock

hi Innvic,

I just looked on sidestep.com and I am getting a room in comfort inn (kind bed, 2 persons) for $125 in

905 Killington Rd. , Killington, VT, US, 05751. Is it a good location to see foliage and go to Woodstock?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to see in Woodstock

What dates are you looking for? If you go to www.choicehotels.com (which is the main booking engine for Comfort Inns nationwide) the Killington location is coming up as unavailable (for Oct 11-13). IF you can get a room there, then yes, it is a good spot.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to see in Woodstock

it may be a good location and probably the best deal your going to get for that weekend - but ask yourself WHY they still have rooms that weekend when everywhere else if full?? I'd check out the reviews here on TA before you book.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to see in Woodstock

Semitegal,

The foliage this year has come a little earlier but I am confident you will find some wonderful colour if you drive a few miles AND we don't have any great rain storms in the next few weeks...........

For must sees check out the village web site www.woodstockvt.com. In particular you should visit Billings Farm and it's National Park. There is a covered bridge in the village by the village green but there are also dozens more within an hours drive including the longest one in New England!

As to Santas and halloween memorabilia.....got me stumped!

Get answers to your questions about Woodstock