We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

My husband and I are planning a weekend babymoon in late Jan./early Feb. Both the Waitsfield/Warren and Woodstock areas seem good because they offer cute b&b's, shops, restaurants, at least a day spa option and trails for snowshoeing. Can anyone tell me the big differences between these two areas? We'll only have 2 days & nights.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

There are more shops and restaurants in the downtown area of Woodstock. Waitsfield/Warren is more spread out, with more limited choices.

It depends on how you'll spend your time, but given your short timespan, I'd recommend Woodstock, but Waitsfield/Warren has its charms, too.

New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

thanks signothetimes,

we really just want to relax a bit - have some nice meals, get a massage, and (if the weather is nice) do some snowshoeing at least one afternoon. it'd be nice if there is a cute downtown area where we could walk around to explore shops (books, antiques, etc.). sounds like you feel both areas may offer this - woodstock in more of a compact way than waitsfield/warren. anyone else have thoughts?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

I'd go with Woodstock. The downtown area is compact and you'll be able to walk everywhere (assuming you stay somewhere in the downtown area). Waitsfield/Warren is nice too, but you'll be in the car to go everywhere.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

Hello Travelmonkey Boston,

If you pick Woodstock then you should find everything you need. I'll happily advise you on everything apart from accommodation, as i co-own an inn and don't wish to be seen to be doing self promotion. Needless to say there are many affordable and diverse options to choose from. Check out not only TripAdvisor but also the village web site www.woodstockvt.com

5. Re: Waitsfield/Warren or Woodstock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 21:21