We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area to visit in Vermont?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
which area to visit in Vermont?

My wife and I have four days to spend in Vermont. Coming from Bretton Wood on 20th Sept and going to Logan airport on 24th.

What area would you concentrate on.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

why don't you look at the main vermont webste and see what interests you instead of me. i can name areas from jay peak to bennington worth visiting. there are dozens of small towns to stay in but if you start with Manchester, woodstock, or stowe and just pick one out of a hat you will have a great time.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

OK Thanks. I have done a lot of research but it is good to get local feedback.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

Burlington, Stowe and Woodstock are the 3 typical top choices. Depends on what you're interested in doing/seeing.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

Evening Cape Town camper,

Should you pick Woodstock as a base then you could get to Manchester VT in 1.5 hours south and the same time to go north to Burlington, so the village is a good base. Journey time from Logan an easy 2.5 hour drive.

Check out the village website at www.woodstockvt.com and when you come bring me some of that wonderful South African colour and rhythm...but leave those Cape winds at home!

Having spent all March in Cape Town at friends, I would go back next March if funds allowed!

Edited: 24 June 2013, 01:43
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

Everyone has an opinion and everyone can justify it. It would help to know what you would like to do or see.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

Many thanks. Glad you enjoyed the Cape----beautiful spot. Ok have taken your advice and will base ourselves in Woodstock and stay at the Woodstock Inn

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

Have you looked at a map? It's sort of out of your way to come to Vermont, although, Woodstock isn't too far from the New Hampshire border.

Why not stay in the White Mountains for a couple of days before zipping straight down to Boston on I-93? As bias as I am toward Vermont, there's plenty to do in the White Mountains for a few days and it is a really nice area. I've stayed in Jackson a few times and there are some really nice inns and B&B type places there.

8. Re: which area to visit in Vermont?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock