We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodstock Alternative

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Woodstock Alternative

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help, I was looking for accommodation in Woodstock for two nights on the 4th & 5th October but we seem to have picked the busiest weekend in the area. Either everything is already fully booked or out of our price range - can anyone suggest a few alternative towns/villages in the area that we could try. We are coming from Northern Ireland for a trip to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary and will be staying in Jackson NH for two nights before and then after heading onto probably Stockbridge, Rhode Island & Cape Cod. Many thanks for any help on an alternative to Woodstock.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodstock Alternative

From Jackson, NH you can head west on 302 (very pretty drive through Crawford Notch) and head over to the Waterbury, VT area on I-89. From there, you can go north to Stowe or south along Route 100 through Waitsfield and Warren, which is known as the Mad River Valley. I'd recommend the latter as there are a number of nice Inns and B&Bs dotted throughout that area, from high-end to very basic, and I think the area is somewhat of an undiscovered gem in Vermont. When you leave, keep traveling south on Route 100 for an exceptionally scenic drive down through central and southern Vermont.

By the way, my wife and I honeymooned in 2007 in Ireland, and traveled through northern Ireland with stops in Ballycastle, Bushmills and Portrush. The Downhill Hostel near Portrush was simply amazing. We'd love to return for our 10-year.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodstock Alternative

I agree...try Waitsfield and Warren. The 1st 2 weekends of October are the very busiest time here in Vermont as you are finding out!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodstock Alternative

Morning Wendy,

Adam has some good suggestions and I'll drop you a personal note with some more. You are visiting at the busiest time of the year and places get booked up ealry.

4. Re: Woodstock Alternative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 22:15