We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubing / Float trips

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Tubing / Float trips

Can anyone recommend an outfitter who rents innertubes for river float trips and/or a good sttretch of river on which to float? (Ottaquechee or Connecticut?)

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tubing / Float trips

try Northstar... you pick u p just across the border in NH - but its worth the short drive!

http://www.kayak-canoe.com/

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tubing / Float trips

Don't know about the Woodstock area, but hte Battenkill River in Arlington is great, as is the Deerfield in Charlemont, MA on Route 2.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tubing / Float trips

Good Question!

Try the Woodstock chamber of Commerce www.woodstockvt.com and I'll check locally. As far as I'm aware i've never seen tubing in Woodstock on the Ottaquechee, but do recall seeing it on the Connecticut around Sharon. However these particular tubes may not have been rentals, but the folks on the river did look to be having a lot of fun!

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
4. Re: Tubing / Float trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 15:17