We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Grocery Stores in Cortes dela Frontera?

Denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any Grocery Stores in Cortes dela Frontera?

Hi,

We are so excited to travel to Spain for the very first time (in August)! We are renting a holiday rental home in the area of Cortes de la Frontera, we will be traveling down from Seville on a Sunday. Should we stock up on groceries in Seville or will there be places to buy groceries in Cortes de la Frontera on Sunday afternoon? We have vegetarians, and celiacs in the group....I have done some homework and El Corte Ingles carries some of the items we will need. Is there an El Corte Ingles in Cortes de la Frontera? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,880 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Grocery Stores in Cortes dela Frontera?

I have been through Cortes on a few occasions. Sleepy town and Wikpedia says this:

Cortes de la Frontera is a town and municipality in the province of Málaga, part of the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain. The municipality is situated approximately 40 kilometres from Ronda, 20 from Benaoján and 159 from the provincial capital. It has a population of approximately 4,000 residents. The natives are called Cortesanos.

There will be a local supermarket and it is called La Noria.

if you put into Google Maps this you wil see the location right in the middle of town:

La Noria Cortes de la Frontera, Spain

El Corte Ingles only do big cities. Search hours of opening :

elcorteingles.es/centroscomerciales/…

Certainly best to try and buy the items that only suit some of your crowd in advance.

Denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Grocery Stores in Cortes dela Frontera?

Thanks so much Cadiz_lover! I never thought of looking at Wikipedia - will do so now!

Reply to: Any Grocery Stores in Cortes dela Frontera?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cortes de la Frontera
Recent Conversations