We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi service

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi service

Hi,

Is there a taxi service in Cortes?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,937 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi service

I used a local taxi guy once when wanting to get down the few kms downhill to the railway station. I asked someone for the number and within 10 minutes or so the guy turned up in the centre of Cortes.

Having walked up to Cortes from the station in the heat I was not prepared to repeat the experience on my return !

Edited: 19 April 2013, 11:05
Gibraltar
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi service

Cheers.

I plan to hike from Montejaque to Cortes about 19km and I'll be happy to get a taxi down to the station

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,937 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi service

Cool. That walk I have hoped to accomplish myself but not so far. Across the los Llanos de Libar. http://www.rutasdelsur.es/ruta/llanos-libar

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi service

Did the hike 7th May, could have done without the 4km descend to Cortes. Beautiful scenery though. Found the taxi stand for the only taxi in town opposite the Bar which is next to the bullring.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,937 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi service

Is that descent down to Cortes as tough as it sounds ? I was thinking of completing the walk from Montejaque to Cortes but always keep putting it off because of that last stretch.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi service

I'll give you some facts about our hike so that you may better understand my statement. At about 10km from the start at Montejaque you'll reach a frog pond (I don't know if its there all year round or not) and shortly after that you come to a fenced area which has a private property sign on the gate. We behaved and went round it, unfortunately it was flooded so we climbed onto a waist high wall with barbed wire and walked on it for quite a stretch, this was quite tiring. This took us away from our planned route so after going through a hole in another fence cut across to meet our original track. We walked maybe 200m through very rough terrain and with the temp at about 30 took a lot out of us. We got back on track ascended 1km and then the 4km down to Cortes. Maybe if everything had gone well the descend would not have been so bad but still its a long descend. Can attachments be sent? I have produced a map of what we did and what we should have done, I think this would give a clearer picture.

Cheers

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi service

How long did the walk take? We would hope to get to Cortés in time to catch the 1635 train to Ronda. Do you think that's practicable?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,937 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi service

Depends what time you start walking? And how fast you walk? Hope limestone can report.

This report gives overall distance bit under 20 kms and time taken was 6 hours 14 minutes.

es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=2362996

Reply to: Taxi service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cortes de la Frontera
Recent Conversations