We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

Nashville, TN
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

My husband has promised me a weekend of SHOPPING at the Atlanta flea markets and IKEA to help furnish our family room. I know there are two big flea markets: Scott's and Lakewood. Can someone give me a quick run-down of the two? Also, we will be hitting the IKEA store, so we would like recommendations for where to stay that would be an easy drive to the markets and to IKEA. We will be pulling a trailer to haul home (hopefully!) all of our wonderful purchases, so we will need somewhere with easy access parking. Can some of you Atlanta natives help me make a plan? Thanks in advance!

Center for Civil and Human Rights
Art Galleries, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Art Museums
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Lakewood Flea Market has shut down.

Do you like auctions? If so, you may want to see if there is one at Four Seasons Auction Gallery the weekend you are here (www.fsagallery.com). I've been to several and they always have quite a bit of furniture for auction and you can get a lot of the stuff pretty cheap. As an added bonus they have some good home cookin and FREE beer and wine to get you in the buying mood.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

You're right that Lakewood closed a few months ago. It's too bad because I liked going there. The Scott show is still going on though, and I think that it had the reputation for having superior products anyway. Atlanta my interior designer friends prefer Scott. You should check their website before you travel, though, because I think it's only going on once a month.

Most hotels in town charge to park, and I have no idea if they would be able to accommodate a trailer. You might just have to pick a neighborhood (I suggest midtown for its location and offerings) and start calling hotels.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

The Lakewood antique mart IS closed at the Lakewood location.

However, they are still operating at the new location up Ga. 400 on every third weekend of the month. It might be a bit of a drive:

I have no idea if it as good as the one that was at the old fairgrounds but I've heard it still attracts some good sellers.

4. Re: Recommendations for flea market / IKEA shopping weekend.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Atlanta