We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drought situation and hotels

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Drought situation and hotels

With the drought situation going on in GA, I'm wondering how this has affected hotels. Are there water restrictions for guests?

We have a trip to GA coming up around the Christmas holidays and will have at least 2 nights in a hotel around the Warner Robins area. We had planned to stop in Atlanta on the way there and spend a night as well. I am so sorry for what those who live in the state are dealing with b/c of the drought, so I don't want to sound shallow or callous asking about hotels. We're just trying to decide if it might be best to stay as few nights as possible given the situation. Thanks for any information or insight you can offer.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drought situation and hotels

It's not that bad yet, but you might want to call your hotel as that date gets a little closer. At this time, all outdoor watering is banned, and we are being asked to conserve, but car washes are still being allowed to operate. I am not aware of any person or business that is out of water, except for a few who have wells in the northwest part of the State. But that could be a different story if the Corps of Engineers continues to release water at the rate they are presently releasing it (and if we do not get any more rain).

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drought situation and hotels

Yeah, other than possibly being asked to reuse your towels (most hotels ask that anyway) I can't see how this would affect your trip.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drought situation and hotels

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions. I think we'll make sure we don't book a non-refundable hotel room rate and then call ahead as our dates get nearer. Hopefully, some help is on the way for your state. Good luck.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drought situation and hotels

Hi,

I've considered making a similar post about water restrictions in restaurants.

What I've heard on the news is that restaurants are being asked to not bring glasses of water to tables automatically unless the patrons ask for a glass of water.

Maybe one could reuse towels instead of having a new towel every day. That option has been available in the hotels I've stayed in Atlanta for quite a while. (I don't live in Atlanta. TA has put me in Atlanta. I live an hour north of the city.)

I have been taking baths and using that water to water my outside plants. I can also use it in my toilet. We really can conserve water if we have to.)

5. Re: Drought situation and hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 09:16