We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please first timer to turner field

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aruba
7 posts
Save Topic
help please first timer to turner field

hello is there anyone that can help me with some info?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help please first timer to turner field

What do you need to know?

Turner Field is located slightly South of Atlanta. Many folks take a MARTA train (public transportation) to the Five Points station and catch the free shuttle (bus) to Turner Field. Just remember to press the "transfer" button when you go through the turnstile at the MARTA station to get a transfer ticket to give to the shuttle driver. Some of them can be sticklers for it.

Some people do drive but if you do, I advise you go pretty early to avoid the traffic. We've parked in the lot right across the street (near the back since we don't have parking passes) and not one of the lots further out because the safety in those lots are not very good. They're also poorly lit.

Aruba
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help please first timer to turner field

Thanks very much actually I need to know everything since it's my first time there but you already give me some good input. Txs

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help please first timer to turner field

About an hour to an hour and a half before gametime, parking is available for $10 in most of the stadium lots. The Orange lot is easiest to get in and out of (try to park near the exits). The stadium lots are safe and an easy walk into the stadium.

You can also pre-purchase parking on Ticketmaster, but it isn't necessary if you get there early.

Driving south from Downtown and points north, get off at Fulton Street, take a left off the exit and make a right at the next big intersection (Hank Aaron Drive). The Orange lot is on the left. You can also park in the Blue or Green lots but I've found it harder to get out of those lots after the games.

MARTA is an option but you have to transfer from the train to a shuttle bus which makes it a pain.

The area around Turner Field is not the best part of town, but there are tons of people and it is well-policed around gametime. I think you would have more security concern if you venture a few blocks further and park in private lots that spring up.

Turner Field is a fun place to see a game. There are a lot of food and drink options (though expensive), lots of activities for kids, and the largest high definition screen in the world. The crowd is more polite and good-natured than many other cities (you don't take your life in your hands if you root for the other team as you may in say New York or Boston).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help please first timer to turner field

You may also want to check out the comments on Turner Field at baseball-reference.com/travel/… .