We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Alabama
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

My husband is giving me a shopping trip to Atlanta with some friends for my 50th birthday. Can anyone recommend where to stay? Are there any spas in the area? What about good hairdressers? How about restaurants. Thanks for the info.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Wow, what a nice gift!

I think if you find someplace close to Lenox Square Mall/Phipps you'd be in a good place. I've heard that the Grand Hyatt (right next door to Lenox) is very nice. There's a restaurant at Phipps called Twist that is supposed to be really good. Blue Pointe is nearby and gets a lot of buzz. I

For fresh fish, I like the Atlanta Fish Market, which is a few miles away from the Lenox area. It's close to one of the locations of Spa Sydell, which I've been to a few times for pedicures. They do everything there!

Cannot help with hairdresers, sorry! Mine is up near Vinings at Bob Steele Salon, which is an Aveda salon.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

My favorite mall is Lenox too.

We like to go to Eatzi's which is 3221 Peachtree Rd near the intersection of Peachtree Rd. and Piedmont. I believe Pets R Us is in the same parking lot.

It is like a market with prepared food that provides a sitting area. You can help yourself to water and microwaves to heat up the food you choose. They have a salad station, sandwich station, pasta station and hot meals, besides a bakery. Chefs will cook a steak or salmon filet to order.

It reminds me of the fabulous delis in Manhattan.

While you sit in the table area, you can watch the bakers at work. This is a good option for lunch or even a place to go for coffee and dessert. It is open until 10:00 pm.

Next door to Eatzi's on Peachtree is the Boi Na Braza Restaurant which is a Brazilian steakhouse. They bring all kinds of meat to your table and have a great salad bar. The atmosphere is nice too. I think it is worthy of a special night out. You can do a search and see all they offer and the prices.

My husband has gone to Spa Sydell in Buckhead for massages.