We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near airport

Panama City
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near airport

Hi people, could you please tell me if any of you have booked hotel airports through hotwire.com in Atlanta and what hotels you have gotten? Thanks!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
356 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near airport

I have only used priceline for an airport hotel. If you want to use Hotwire, go to betterbidding.com and they can likely help you identify which hotel you will get on Hotwire. Good luck.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near airport

The Hilton is nice and free transportation

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near airport

Definitely check betterbidding.com. It's a fairly cumbersome website and the moderators are very particular with some strict rules that aren't always easy to figure out, but once you do figure them out the site is very informative.

Wellington
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near airport

I like the Drury inn at the airport.

Panama City
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near airport

Thank you all, very much! Icee, what hotel do you usually get with Priceline in the Atlanta airport area? I don´t have to use hotwire and in fact never have before, though I have used priceline. Will appreciate it if you can tell me of your experience with priceline in Atlanta. Thanks a million!!!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
356 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near airport

elvira, we actually got the Hilton......but.....we got there to check in and they said there had been a flood in the room we were to be in(translates to overbooking!), so they walked us to The Doubletree which was just down the street. The Doubletree was very nice. So, we ended up with a free room and breakfast.

Now, if you want to use priceline and never have...go to biddingfortravel.com and read and study how to use priceline to your benefit.

If you decide you want to bid on priceline, I will be happy to guide you a bit!

Panama City
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near airport

Thank you, icee, you are very kind. Would you also please let me know when you got the Hilton? Thanks again!

Panama City
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near airport

Icee, I forgot one more question if it´s not too much trouble, when you got the Hilton on Priceline, had you requested a 4 star or 3 star hotel? And if you don´t mind my asking, what was your bid? Thanks!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
356 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near airport

I definitely bid 4*. Don't remember what my bid was. Probably about $60, since I was credited $76 and some change on my cc. Be sure to research, research, reseach, especially if you have never bid on priceline before. You especially need to know about free rebids. Just an FYI, I am seeing where many are getting The Renaissance Airport for $52. I also saw the Westin go for $62.

What dates do you need the room?

Send me a pm or email and I will help you with a strategy, ok?

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels near airport

i always bid 4 star or above on priceline (for any city), as they are usually about a star below what i rank hotels. If you bid 3 star you are opening yourself up to almost every hotel in the city. Just remember that priceline only guarantees one bed per room when you bid, it is up to you to negotiate with the hotel if you need more beds (hasnt been a problem for me, but it is a little known fact). You should be able to get something nice for $100/night or less, unless you are coming during a major event or holiday.