We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5 star hotel room

ny
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Looking for 5 star hotel room

Hi we are sending my parents for an anniversary present to Atlanta for three days. They will spend a big bulk of their time antique shopping. They are used to staying at beautiful hotels and since its a gift we want it to be really special. The location is not importnant and if there is somewhere beautiful outside Atlanta we would consider it. Any ideas for a five star hotel ?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

Try the Mansion Hotel, www.mansiononpeachtree.com or The Four Seasons www.fourseasons.com/atlanta

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

There may not be much shopping but outside of Atlanta- Smithgall Woods State Park near Helen, GA (mountains) or Greyfield Inn on Cumberland Island near St Mary's, GA (coastal)

Google these places- both are 5* and very, very special!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

Also there's the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconoee.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

I would second the Lake Oconnee Ritz (Reynold's Plantation), but I wouldnt call it 5 star -- it is a lake property that is nice, but 4 star at best. The reason i would chose it anyway is the antique shops in nearby Madison. If they are not familiar, there is a large concentration of antique shops in the town of Chamblee (north Atlanta).

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,419 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

I think the Ritz at Lake Oconee is an excellent idea. Athens and Washington are both good places they could visit in addition to Madison.

For good eats outside of the Ritz, there's Five and Ten in Athens, Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle if they like southern food, and the Fitzpatrick Inn in Washington. I've only eaten at the last 2, but the Five and Ten is supposed to be one of the best places in the state.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

My vote is for the Mansion on Peachtree. They'd love it.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

I recommend Brasstown Valley, a mountain resort in Young Harris Georgia. It a great place to relax and enjoy the cold mountain air and what a view.

Madison
Level Contributor
135 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

If I was looking for beautiful things, I would stay in Madison which is 60 miles due East of Atlanta.

The town has antiques and art galleries galore. You may also be interested in staying at the James Madison Inn, which opened last May and has been featured in the Atlanta Journal and Constitution.

9. Re: Looking for 5 star hotel room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 19:19