We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good weekend getaways?

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good weekend getaways?

I live in the Buckhead section of Atlanta, and I am looking for some good weekend getaways within 2 or 3 hours of the city.

We've been to Chattanooga, Chateau Elan, Dahlonega, St. Simon Island, Augusta, and we are going to Savannah for Valentine's Day weekend in 2009.

Any other ideas? If possible, we prefer pet friendly so we can bring our pug who is about 2 years old.

Level Contributor
135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good weekend getaways?

I would definitely go to Madison Georgia if you fancy a trip East of Atlanta, which is about an hour away. Though I would venture that Callaway Gardens South East of Atlanta would also be worth a visit.

As for pet friendly, I would phone prospective accommodation in advance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good weekend getaways?

The Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee is nice. Callaway Gardens and Warm Springs can be fun too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good weekend getaways?

Asheville's a good weekend getaway, with lots of places to stop along the way there and back (Tallulah Falls, Clayton, Dillard, Franklin, Dillsboro, Sylva, Waynesville). Given the overall tenor of Western North Carolina, I'd be surprised if finding pet-friendly accommodations would be hard.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good weekend getaways?

Try one of the state parks in the north ga mountains that has a lodge--- Falls Creek Falls State park in TN has some of the largest waterfalls this side of the mississippi ---- many of the state parks in the SE will have lots of history and things to do.

5. Re: Good weekend getaways?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Atlanta