We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarium

I had to cancel a Spring Break trip to the beach due to the costs of an upcoming surgery. In place of that, we are going to the GA. Aquarium and spending one night at a hotel. I had planned to do them together but may split it up as we are less than an hour from Atlanta. My question is, are there days that are more crowded than others at the Aquarium? A lot of schools are on Break the week of April 4th. we actually get out April 3rd and I was thinking about going that day to avoid the weekend and Spring Break crowds. Good idea? Anyone know of a site where you can input "indoor pool" as one of your wants? That would eliminate all the hotels with outdoor pools showing up! Thanks for any advice:-)

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium

Unfortunately at this time, there really aren't any magic days for the Aquarium, as it is still fairly new, and has been successful in adding new attractions to keep folks coming back. I would just advise to start as early in the morning as you can. Buy your tickets in advance.

As far as hotels with indoor pools, most in Atlanta do not have indoor pools because of our climate. Hotels that I know have indoor pools are:

Omni Hotel -- across the street from G A

Westin Peachtree -- few blocks from G A

The Georgian Terrace -- about 8-10 blocks from G A

I am sure some of the higher-end hotels have them, but i am not sure which ones do or do not -- but I am sure some other folks will be able to add to the list.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium

I went to the Aquarium recently and it was on a Friday. We got there pretty early and there was already a decent line. Since my friend was late, by the time she arrived the crowd had gone in and the line to enter was not bad at all. Since the major part of the crowd was already in, we were not in the middle of it. That would be my suggestion...to arrive early, but a little after the doors open to let the first wave go through.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarium

I found the following link that seems to provide a list of Atlanta hotels with indoor pools. Good Luck!!

…nextag.com/atlanta-hotel-indoor-pool/hotels…

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarium

Marriott Marquis had an indoor pool that let to an outdoor before the renovation. I'm not sure now.

The Sheraton is built around a pool which makes the rooms noisy if anyone is in the pool or if there is an event at the pool.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquarium

Great tips! Thanks so much! Jen

6. Re: Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 00:17