We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don´t know where to stay

Germany
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Don´t know where to stay

I am planning my trip to Atlanta for 3 nights in November and I don´t know in which area to stay. I read about Buckhead and Midtown. We are looking for a 3* hotel ($130) which is in a save area and close to Matra (?). I am afraid to drive in Atlanta so I would like to go to CNN or Coca Cola by subway.

Do you have any ideas??

Vleuten, The...
Level Contributor
273 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don´t know where to stay

I've booked the westin peach tree, I just noticed they have a discount price currently on their site for 115 dollars

Germany
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Don´t know where to stay

I booked the Holiday Inn Express Buckhead for $81 plus tax. The hotel is not close to Marta but it hat very good reviews.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don´t know where to stay

I can't verify prices exactly, but check out prices at Marriott Suites, Wyndham (the one on 10th Street), Hotel Indigo, or the Georgian Terrace. These are all located in Midtown, which is a relatively safe area with lots of restaurants and activity and they are all pretty close to MARTA train stations to the downtown tourist attractions. Midtown is much more of a hangout for locals than downtown, and there are fewer problems with aggressive panhandlers.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Don´t know where to stay

Check out the J.W. Marriott on Lenox Road in Buckhead. Located next to Lenox Square Mall (upscale stores and dining) and a Marta train station is directly accross the street for trips to Midtown and downtown areas. Me thinks there is also a Sheraton on Lenox Road that may have lower rates. Buckhead.org has some good info on the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don´t know where to stay

I would suggest priceline. In Midtown everything is close to MARTA. You can go on there, specifiy 3 stars, aand get a great price. Not sure how evacuee situation is affecting availability and price, though.

Germany
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Don´t know where to stay

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately priceline.com is not available for europeans. You need an address in America. The Holidayday Inn Express is only 3miles away from Lenox Square Mall and the MARTA station is at Lenox Square. So we can park at the mall and catch the train to downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don´t know where to stay

I think you'll be fine at the Holiday Inn Express. Enjoy your stay!