We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New to Atlanta

Does anyone know about the below area. Any comments pleeease.

I-75 North to Barrett Parkway. Turn left onto Barrett Parkway and proceed 9 miles. Turn right onto Macland Road. Turn right onto West Sandtown Road. Carlyle Estates will be on your left.

atlanta
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Atlanta

He Purplegirl

What is it you want to know about the area? I know that side of town fairly well. Its a nice neighborhood with good access to grocery stores and shopping.

AB

florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Atlanta

Just wanted to have an idea. There is a house in that area for sale that I would like to put on my house hunt list.

atlanta
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Atlanta

That area is in the McEachern High School district of the Cobb County School district, one of the top in the state. It is in close proximity to the Avenue at West Cobb and other shops and restaurants. If it's things to do that you are looking for the movies and mall are a short drive down barrett parkways towards I-75.

florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Atlanta

Thanks for your response. Is it true that Atlanta has a pest problem and that homes need insurance specifically for that?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Atlanta

Hey, purplegirl. It's true that termites can sometimes be a problem in Southern homes due to the fact that many of the older ones are made of wood. If you've ever watched the show "Flip This House" on one of the cable channels, some of the houses they buy to remodel and sell at a profit ended up having termites. I have no idea why they didn't do an inspection before they bought them, but I'm guessing time is of the essence on these things.

From what I've heard, it is critical that you get a letter of some sort from a a pest control inspector letting you know the condition in terms of termites before you buy. I wouldn't purchase a home without finding this out ahead of time because those critters can really ruin a house.