We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

I'll be in Atlanta in July to celebrate a 30th birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to do or places to go that will make this b-day very memorable?

Thanks,

Tracy

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Let us know a little more about what you want - restaurant? bar? theater? tourist sites? what type of food? what type of atmosphere? trendy? romantic? pricey?

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Restaurants: seafood or italian (the more stars the better)

atmosphere: trendy

I'm looking for a girls night out type of experience. Something fun...

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

My picks: Pacci (really good Italian restaurant in Palomar Hotel which is trendy and dramatic, and has great rooftop bar), Ecco, BluePointe, Two Urban Licks, One Midtown Kitchen, BLT Steak (in downtown W - the bar there is very popular), Market (in Buckhead W - again, bar very hip. I reviewed this restaurant earlier and didn't really like it but friends went recently and gave rave reviews. Apparently, it's back on track now)

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
406 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Thank you very much!!!

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Pricci for Italian in Buckhead. VERY trendy, chic, fancy, expensive and TASTY. I HIGHLY recommend it. Check it out... www.buckheadrestaurants.com/pricci.html

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
406 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

I think of Pricci is something more formal and less hip than Ecco or Pacci. The food is outstanding, but the atmosphere is a bit more traditional and staid.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Agreed, JA but the OP indicated that the more stars, the better. Can't beat Pricci (or any Buckhead Life Rest for that matter) for high class/end dining... ;)

If you REALLY want to make this BDay memorable and have one of the best meals you've ever had, go to Pano's & Paul's on West Paces Ferry Rd, Buckhead. PS Bring your wallet.

Yes, I know...I sound like like I'm in marketing. Trust me. I'm just a foodie....and a 6th generation ATL native ;)

Let us know how ur 30th turns out!! CHEERS!!

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
406 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta
Level Contributor
233 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

Panos and Paul's is no longer at the old location. Panos just opened his new restaurant at the St. Regis Hotel in Buckhead.

Ecco is a great, trendy restaurant. I highly recommend it. If you want a fun place to hang w/ the girls, try Shout or Twist. An added perk for Twist is its location---in the very upscale Phipps Plaza mall, across from the huge and also upscale Lenoz Square Mall. The tapas and sushi at both of these restaurants are great!

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
406 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Phipps Plaza
Phipps Plaza
121 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
9. Re: Atlanta in July for 30th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:20