We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to walk to hotel after concert at Phillips Arena?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to walk to hotel after concert at Phillips Arena?

I'm taking my son (20 year-old) and a friend to a concert at Phillips Arena. (No, I'm not going to the concert. My ears are too old.) I am considering staying at either the Embassy Suites or The Ellis.

We will basically just have a Sunday afternoon in Atlanta before they head to the concert and I head to my room! We thought we would maybe do the World or Coke or Aquarium in the afternoon and then eat dinner somewhere. I can't tell if there are any restaurants around there or just the ones located in the hotels? I'm also concerned whether they will be safe walking back to the hotel room after the concert. Would it be better to stay at the Embassy which appears to be VERY close?

I have never been to this part of Atlanta, so thank you in advance for your help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to walk to hotel after concert at Phillips Arena?

There are plenty of restaurants in the downtown area; not many of most exciting or innovative hot spots for fine dining, but plenty of solid, reliable places, both chain and otherwise. If you have some idea of what sort of place would suit you best, let us know and we'll try to make some specific recommendations.

They shouldn't have any worries about safety walking back to the hotel. There'll be lots of other folks doing the same, and there'll be a reasonable police presence. Relax and enjoy.

2. Re: Safe to walk to hotel after concert at Phillips Arena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 05:19