We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breeze card for marta

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
breeze card for marta

I have a breeze card from 2 years ago when I visited and I am wondering if I can just reload it when i come this year. Do they still use them

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breeze card for marta

They do still use them. As long as it isn't too worn, it may still work. I think it will save you like .50 cents to use the one you have. I can't say for sure if there is a time limit for reloading, but I know I have gone several months and not had a problem. You may want to look at the Marta web site to be sure. You can also try reloading it online on the site.

http://www.itsmarta.com/breeze-cards.aspx

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breeze card for marta

I guess I should have specified there is a difference between a card and a ticket...ticket .50 and card is 5.00

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: breeze card for marta

okay thanks i thought it was something like $5. Thats great $5 is $5 lol.

Would you take marta from the airport alone at 8pm?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breeze card for marta

Personally, I would take it and not think much about it at all. I know a lot of people who have taken it from the airport at night and had no problems.

Just FYI...There have been quite a few robberies around GA Tech lately. Not really an issue for the train, but it popped in my head so I thought I'd mention it.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Georgia Tech Hotel and...
1,092 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: breeze card for marta

yeah I've noticed the robberies around Tech reading the Ajc thanks for the heads up I'll be downtown anyway

Mentioned in this post
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Georgia Tech Hotel and...
1,092 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breeze card for marta

I'd take MARTA at 8pm, no problem.

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: breeze card for marta

ok well I'll take Marta then I've done it bf just not at night I'm only going to the Omni. so now just to decide whether to transfer at five points which i guess would be the best option

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: breeze card for marta

I would transfer at Five Points, especially given the time of night. After dark, the homeless tend to cluster around Five Points - even worse than usual - and you won't have the added activity of business people and tourists milling about. Transfer toe a westbound train and go one stop south, where you'll be getting off at a safer and more convenient station. The downside is that you may have to wait for the westbound train.

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: breeze card for marta

thanks for the info Jatlanta you've always been great at answering questions. Do you normally have to wait long for a west bound train? Are we talking 10-15 mins or like 30-45 mins. Cause I don't want to wait around five points that long lol. I could just walk from Peachtree Center or cab it I don't know worst comes to worst i'll cab it from the airport

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: breeze card for marta

Let us know if you can do that with a breeze card. I gave up using MARTA for a lot of reasons, but the breeze card scam was one of them. At one time, the cards had an expiration notice on them. So if you use MARTA infrequently, you had to pay again to get a new breeze card.

So I hope you can reload the card. There is nothing on their website that indicates one way or the other whether they expire - not that I could find.