We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

Greenville
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

We are in Greenville now and planning a visite to Atlanta in weekend. I have went through all the information in TRIPADVISOR. We want to visit Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site、World of Coca-Cola、Margaret Mitchell House and Museum、CNN Center、Centennial Olympic Park、UNDERGROUND ATLANTA. Due to the crowded traffic mentioned in this website, we'd like to park our car somewhere and go to those attractive spot via MARTA. so what's your advise for parking and route connecting above stops. can the subway/railway take us all those spot? Need your suggestions. We really appreciate it very much.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

The only one of those sites that may pose a problem for you in terms of taking MARTA is the King National Historic Site. It is not on the MARTA train line. The closest MARTA station is Peachtree Center and the walk from there to Auburn would be quite a hoof.

You really would have to drive or take a bus to get there. The site is indeed worth visiting. A good place to eat nearby is Rolling Bones barbecue (pork and brisket). The Atlanta paper just gave it a thumbs up.

The only site that I think may be a letdown to you is Underground Atlanta. It is basically a bunch of average shops, a number of them sitting empty. However, since you do want to go to World of Coke, which is mildly entertaining, you have to walk through it to get to WofC anyway. All you have to do is take MARTA to the Five Points station. I would advise you to go there during the day, as it is not so nice at night.

The Margaret Mitchell House is in Midtown and you can walk there easily from the Midtown MARTA station.

As for parking and taking MARTA, you could easily park at the Lenox MARTA stop and take it into the city.

Greenville
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

Thanks for your answer. It really give me a lot of convinence!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

No problem! After your trip, would you come back and write a little report? It's always great to hear visitors' thoughts on what they see/do while they're here.

Have a great visit!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,807 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

I would also suggest getting off MARTA around North Avenue and walkign north on Peachtree a while. It's a beautiful area with the Fox Theater and some lovely buildings. I think you'll be disappointed in Underground. You might want to check out the new Atlantic Station. There are free shuttles running there from the Arts Center MARTA station and is is a brand new mini-city with Shopping, entertainment, dining, etc., just opening this week.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to Atlanta on this Saturday(10/22),all...

JAtlanta is right. With the opening of Atlantic Station this weekend, a lot of the stores are having specials and give aways. They're also opening a new Regal Cinemas. Stores include Dillard's, Ikea (already open), Ann Taylor Loft, DSW Shoes, and more. I didn't know about the shuttle but that's so much better than having to find a place to park in the garage.