We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music Store

Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Music Store

My husband, sister and I will be in Atlanta around Christmas time. We will be doing some shopping in Lenox Square, and also spending some time in downtown area and midtown area.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some ideas on where the best music stores are. Older or hole-in-the-wall places are great if they are worth it, and also the best and the biggest. I'd like to have as many options to present as possible. Also any stores that specialize in Classical Music or have large classical sections.

Thanks!!!

Center for Civil and Human Rights
Art Galleries, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Art Museums
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music Store

The Little 5 Points (L5P) area has some great vintage music stores. Wax n Facts, Criminal Records. Not sure about the classical selection.

Here's a link: http://www.l5p.com/areamap.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music Store

Little 5 definitely has a number of good vintage music stores but as Diva said, not sure if they'd have the classical selections you are looking for.

Frankly, the Tower Records near Lenox has one of the largest classical music sections I've ever seen and I highly recommend it. It used to be right next to Lenox but they moved to bigger digs at 3232 Peachtree Road.

Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Music Store

Divagirl100 and Peachyswan- I think you have given me exactly what I am looking for. We wanted to check out some vintage stores and also a large store with a good classical selection.

Peachyswan, can we walk to Tower Records from Lenox Square?

Thanks for the advice! Let me know if you think of any others.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music Store

Well, you could hoof it from Lenox to Tower but it would be a bit of a walk. To clarify, it is on the corner of Piedmont and Peachtree Road.

You have two options if you don't have a car (not sure if you do). You could take MARTA from the Lenox station to the Buckhead station, which would cut your walk down some but not all.

Or you can look into the shuttle that loops around Buckhead (thanks, Rackensack for that bit of infomation!). Here's the link to the site with routes: www.bucride.com

Hope that helps!