We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Seattle
Level Contributor
715 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Just got this Hotel on Priceline for July 7-9. I read some of the reviews which are kind of mixed but can't beat the rate I got at $40/night. Is it close to Marta? Will it be easy to get to & from the airport without a car? Any suggestions for great restaurants close to the Hotel? Thanks in advance for your help

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

This is a great location. You'll be able to walk from the Buckhead MARTA station. Thre are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance, and many more that are a quick MARTA ride away. What kind of dining did you have in mind?

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
409 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Seattle
Level Contributor
715 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

We have in mind the kind of dining that would make us crave it in the future so bad that we would come back to Atlanta just for it, LOL. Anything that would be different & better than what we could get in Seattle. That probably doesn't help you much if you're not familiar to Seattle, LOL. Anyways, no chain restaurants unless it's very unique to Georgia. Fried chicken, soul food, whatever "you" crave. It doesn't have to be expensive or cheap. I'll give you an example. Most Thai restaurants make red curry. Most of them are good but not memorable. A few here in Seattle are so good that you can still taste & enjoy it in your mind even a week after you ate it.

Also since we won't have a car, it should be fairly easy access either by public transit or walking.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Ive stayed at the HP Buckhead probably 6 times over the past few years.

Its a wonderfull hotel.

Its about a 5 min walk or so to MARTA

HP offers free parking (18-30 a day at other Buckhead Hotels)

Free WiFi

Free Business Center

Free Breakfast ( cold buffet bar)

I really like this Hotel.

Across the Street are many restaurants and a Kroger Grocery Store.

I think you will love the hotel and be amazed that you got the hotel for so little money.

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
409 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Seattle
Level Contributor
715 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

You were right SouthMauiGuy, we were amazed we got the hotel for such a good price! I will post a review

5. Re: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 04:16