We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight in Marietta

Hartsel, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
overnight in Marietta

I am just passing through for one night - is the Days Inn on Delk Rd and ok neighborhood to arrive late? and is it clean? I would also be open to any other suggestions, thanks in advance...

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight in Marietta

Delk Rd has some sketchy areas, and I've never stayed in a Days Inn that was anything better than abysmal. But, the reviews for this particular hotel seem decent.

Edited: 09 April 2010, 14:58
Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight in Marietta

You should be fine there. Franklin Road on the other side of Delk has been one of (if not the) worst areas of the city. But just staying there a night where you are should be no problem. If you have a little time to kill, you're real close to a Dave and Busters.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,043 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight in Marietta

I like the area a little to the north near Town Center Mall/Kennesaw. Lots of hotels and restaurants.

Hartsel, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight in Marietta

thanks for the quick replies. How far north (timewise) is Kennesaw?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,043 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight in Marietta

15-20 minutes

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overnight in Marietta

15 to 20 minutes during rush hour, 5 to 10 minutes otherwise. I agree that it's a better place to stay for a overnight.

Hartsel, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: overnight in Marietta

Thanks! a appreciate it - that's what I'll do - I am headed there tonight...

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: overnight in Marietta

I agree that the Kennesaw area, off Barrett Parkway, is a whole lot less sketchy than the Franklin/Delk area. I would guess that it's about six miles north. There's several hotels there that are about the same as the Days, including a Days. Much better area.

9. Re: overnight in Marietta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:18