We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, NC
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

The purpose for my 7 day trip to Atlanta on Nov. 21-27, was mostly to visit the grand opening of the Georgia Aquarium. I purchased an annual pass which gave me exclusive previews Monday & Tuesday even before the public would see it on the grand opening day Wednesday.

When I found out the Microtel in Buckhead had minifridge's and microwaves in every room, and with a daily rate of $44, they had my attention. So I e-mailed them to ask what rate they'd offer for a 7 day trip.

They responded with an awesome rate of $37 per night, with a total of $290.

I checked in somewhat late Monday due to spending all day at the first exclusive previews of the aquarium, but they said that was no problem.

The weather was supposed to be somewhat chilly to cold, so when I got to the room, while unpacking, I turned on the heater to take the chill off the room.

Within 30 minutes, I had to cut the thermostat down or turn the heater off it heated so well. It was like that all weekend, even on low, it had the room very warm.

The outside and inside of this hotel is in excellent condition. My room was also the same. I had single queen, with a very clean, comfortable room.

The hotel staff, especially the front desk people were all very friendly and helpful.

I arrived very early Monday morning Nov. 21st with a mechanical problem with the car only 5 minutes before I got off the highway near the hotel. I had a brand new tire blowout while doing about 75 mph.

The staff recommended a place to replace it, even going online to mapquest to print directions to & from the hotel. During the week they also printed other directions.

I have nothing but excellent reviews of this hotel & its staff.

Since part of my trip was for my business expanding, I developed new business.

I'm already tenatively scheduling another 5 day stay the weekend of Christmas.

I've e-mailed the hotel to thank them for such a warm stay, and to request the same rate as this recent trip 2 weeks ago. They've honored that rate once again, even taking the initiative to make the reservation, providing confirmation.

If you're single,married, in need of a hotel stay near downtown Atlanta, you can't go wrong with this one. I saw nothing to cause concern.

Happy Traveling

Jeff Smith

jsmith27379@triad.rr.com

E-Commerce Development Consultant

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

Please feel free to write (and submit, of course) a review of this hotel if you haven't already done so!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

I totally agree with ScottyDoo. Be sure to post your hotel review on their listing. This is invaluable info. that other travelers can use! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had such a successful, pleasant visit. When you find a place to stay that you love, it's like gold.

3. Re: Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2005, 20:06
York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Microtel Inn & Suites- Buckhead

Thanks for taking my advice! I just looked up the hotel on here and found a review for it written by someone in Burlington and dated 12/4, which I would definitely assume to be written by you. Maybe the review was just posted today, as I don't remember reading it before.