We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nc
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Can anyone help with travel info on a Sunday from the Glenn Hotel downtown to Six Flags? I am totally unfamiliar with Atlanta transportation especially on a Sunday. Would a cab be best or is Marta an idea--never have used it and not sure how to. Please help if possible or maybe tell me where to call for info. Thanks so much. Ancie

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

You can take the train from the station at the GA Dome / Congress Center which is near your hotel. You would have to get off at the Hamilton Holmes Station and take the shuttle from there. If you are not able to drive, this seems to be your best bet.

www.itsmarta.com/shuttle-express-service.aspx

"Summer is the time for roller coasters and thrills, and that's where MARTA's Six Flags Over Georgia Shuttle comes into play. This express shuttle, Bus Route 201, departs from the Hamilton E. Holmes Station and drops off across the street from the park entrance (intersection of Six Flags Parkway and South Service Road) - it’s only a 12-minute ride. The service operates only on the days the park is open from approximately one hour before the park opens until approximately one hour after closing. The route runs every 40 minutes throughout the days it is operating. The shuttle is free when you transfer from any MARTA Bus or rail station.

MARTA fare is $2.00 one way. Please load fare on a BreezeCard/Ticket. Remember to keep your Breeze Card/Ticket because transfers are automatically loaded onto your Breeze Card/Ticket when you tap to exit the train station or tap to enter a bus."

I haven't personally used this service, so I cannot comment on it. I have used Marta many times and it has always been safe and reliable in my experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

If you're traveling at night, I would stay away from the HE Holmes station, as it is not in the best part of town. A cab is your best bet in my opinion.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,434 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

You can take the MARTA shuttle from Underground Atlanta and there's no need to go to the Hamilton Holmes station. Here's the website:

www.itsmarta.com/shuttle-express-service.aspx

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,434 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Please disregard that. I misread your question and was thinking about Turner Field.

nc
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Thank you so much for your response. This helps a great deal for us unknowns. Ancie

nc
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Thanks for the warning. I've been told a few stories, too. Ancie

nc
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

Thanks for the info. We need every bit we can get. Ancie

8. Re: Atlanta---Glenn Hotel to Six Flags--Sunday 9/5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 07:17