We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Buford

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset County, NJ
5 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Buford

Hello,

I am a single mom from New Jersey. I have two boys, 12 and 7. I am looking into moving to Buford, Doraville, Lawrenceville, Stone Mountain, etc.

I have family in the Atlanta area. We will probably visit in April, during school break.

I would prefer nto to be in the city. I am OK with somewhat rural although because my son has special needs, I should be within a reasonable driving distance (no more than an hour) to most conveniences or medical services.

I am just looking for a slower pace for my boys, as well as a lower cost of living. Quality of life is very important to me. While I'd rent initially, would love to buy a home.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks.

NJ

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Buford

Hi, NJ. Trip Advisor tends to frown on relocation posts and recently put an end to a flurry of such posts. So I wanted to give you a heads up in case that happens to your post.

In general, I would do a Web search on the chambers of commerce in the towns you are interested in. Also, you can visit www.greatschools.net as a way to investigate school districts. You can visit www.fedstats.gov/mapstats to get information on crime statistics as well.

As a rule, I suggest that people rent for a little while before buying when moving to a new state. It tends to give you the time you need to get the feel for a place and the different neighborhoods.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Buford

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. Although non-travel-related topics are allowed, posts in the Off-topic forum must otherwise meet TripAdvisor's Forum guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…